Kentucky people

Hello, I am in Barbourville KY. I am new to the Forum but have followed it for a little while. Wanted to join to see about getting and giving advice to fellow blog, web site and chicken owners.
frow.gif
Welcome to BYC and the best state thread on the site!
smile.png

My Sebbies are still going strong and I am still taking orders for Goslings. I also have some Emden goslings available. I have a couple people waiting for Brown African goslings, then they will again be available as well.

Please call for details or to make an appointment..pick up only on all babies.

Feather People Farm
270-404-3908

Hello, I am in Barbourville KY. I am new to the Forum but have followed it for a little while. Wanted to join to see about getting and giving advice to fellow blog, web site and chicken owners. 

Hello Chicken Review. Looks like we are neighbors. I live about 35 minutes away from you in Bell Co.

Anyone in the E'town area need a Rhode Island Red Roo I bought some from the Farm store all they had were straight run and 6 were roo's out of 10. They are around 8 weeks old and so far good natured looking to sell or trade for some pullets.

Hi everyone. Stamping Ground here. I was on here last year when I got my Golden Comets but took a break when I became pregnant with my son and my father got sick as well. My golden comet girls had to find a new home this past January after my father passed away. My family had to down size on some of the livestock and switch a few things around. Now I'm looking for a few hens that are ready to lay but I keep on running across baby chicks, which wouldn't be bad since hubby wants a couple polish hens and I'd like hens that are decent egg layers but also I'd like a variety of egg colors if possible but there's so many to choose from it's a tough decision.

Hi everyone. Stamping Ground here. I was on here last year when I got my Golden Comets but took a break when I became pregnant with my son and my father got sick as well. My golden comet girls had to find a new home this past January after my father passed away. My family had to down size on some of the livestock and switch a few things around. Now I'm looking for a few hens that are ready to lay but I keep on running across baby chicks, which wouldn't be bad since hubby wants a couple polish hens and I'd like hens that are decent egg layers but also I'd like a variety of egg colors if possible but there's so many to choose from it's a tough decision.
frow.gif
Welcome back! I've got Swedish Flower Hens (cream to light brown eggs) hatching right now and Rhodebars (light to medium brown eggs) in the incubator due in about 2 weeks. I will have Black Ameraucanas (blue eggs) in about 6 weeks or so. I may be putting some more Black Copper Marans (dark, chocolate brown eggs) in the incubator when I get some room.

Thanks KYTinpusher. The only breed you mentioned that I have heard of is the Black Copper Marans and the Black Ameraucanas. I'm no chicken expert by a long shot. Do you go to the Lawrenceburg Chicken Swap? I'm going to go on the 17th to see what I can find. I'd like to get some chicks now so they can start laying later on in the year but I'm concerned about getting them and then finding the polish later on and incorporating the younger polish into the flock with the older chickens when the polish are ready. Don't need them getting bullied.

Back
Top Bottom