Kentucky people

Hello to All,

My wife and I live in Piner KY and we have 4 RR chicks and 9 Golden Lace Wyandotts -
8 hens and a nasty rooster, four of the hens are missing feathers on their backs, I think
the rooster is just to rough even for the hens, so Mr.Nasty may not be around for to
much longer, so if I am gonna get some new stock out of my flock I will be looking
for a good rooster. Fun part will be making sure the new rooster has a good attitude
before adding him to the flock. Anyone have any suggestions for a rooster to add to
my flock.??

My wife and I are new to keeping chickens, our Wyandottes are almost 1 year old,
the wife tells me June 12th. is the date that we pick them up at the hatchery. The
hens are all good birds, not much on being held, but real good at laying eggs, average
6 to 8 eggs a day, the rooster has a nasty attitude, so we have to be on guard when
we go to the coop with food and water or to collect the eggs. I have been trying to get
one of the hens to brood some eggs, but I am not to sure about raising off spring
produced by this rooster, we don't need another BA Rooster.

Thank you for your time and help,
Darle
Piner,KY
smile.png
frow.gif
Welcome to BYC and the KY thread! Glad you found us. I don't have any extras at the moment, but Swedish Flower Hen roosters are generally very people-friendly while being excellent flock watchers. My Ameraucana and my Easter Egger rooster are also very people-friendly. You might want to find a swap near you and talk to some breeders to find a good roo.

Are there any NKY folks interested in organic feed? There is an Azure Standard drop in the Florence area and we are trying to put together a bulk order to see if we can get a better price. We have warehouse space available to store it as orders only come in once a month. Please PM me if you are interested. If you already get your feed through Azure Standard and want to be part of the bulk order, please let me know.

Due to a "No Show" over the weekend, I have a lot of RIR, Black Australorp, White Rock and Dominique chicks available. There are also Japanese O Shamos Delawares, and Showgirls available. Some are two weeks old.

I also have Golden Cascade and Indian Runner ducklings, and several pairs of Emden Goslings.

Please call for additional information or to make an appointment....no shipping..pick up only.

Feather People Farm
270-404-3908

Back
Top Bottom