Kentucky people

I am in Berea. I started with my flock this spring and I have a variety in my flock (Rhode island red, cochin, sultan, and jersey giant.) as well as 3 ducks. I ended up ordering mine online but would love to see a bunch of us Kentuckians on here do a spring chick swap :)

I am in Berea. I started with my flock this spring and I have a variety in my flock (Rhode island red, cochin, sultan, and jersey giant.) as well as 3 ducks. I ended up ordering mine online but would love to see a bunch of us Kentuckians on here do a spring chick swap :)

welcome-byc.gif
There is so much helpful information on the site! I have learned so much in short time on here.
I have seen more swap meets and sell sites on Face Book. There is a big one this weekend in Lawrenceburg. Last one until Spring I think? but a FB page has been created for it, Oct 25 is the Poultry Show in Frankfort too, I believe.

You will meet some great folks on here and prob some close to you.

Be Blessed
Nana Ton-Ton

If anyone has a buff cochin pullet they'd like to sell, PM me, please. I am open to other colors, as well. Would need to be no more than an hour's drive from Georgetown, IN (about 15 min from Louisville, KY).

Anybody know of anyone with white Wyandotte bantams and/or Faverolles bantams in the Marshall county or surrounding areas? I'm hoping to get some in the spring.

I can't have any roos, so am looking for pullets.

Thanks!

I have available right now show quality:
Bantam splash Cochin eggs n chicks soon
Dominique chicks and fertile eggs
Barred rock chicks eggs and almost grown birds also have a beautiful adult Rooster
Mille Fluer chicks and fertile eggs
Yokohama fertile eggs and some incubating
Cortunix Quail chicks
And anyday I have these show quality breeds due to start laying:
Multiple silkie colors
White polish
Silver laced polish
White cerasted black polish
Buff laced polish
Golden laced polish
And I'm working on a line of candy corn polish
Black tail white Japanese
Phoenix
Blue laced red Wyandottes
Silver sebrights
Porcelain D'uccles
Cream legbars
I also have a few other breeds (Ameraucanas, Spanish, Royal Palm Turkeys, Narrgansett Turkeys, Pied Peafowl, India blue Peafowl, etc) that won't be laying for a while! I also have a beautiful pair of pigeons who are laying for sale! $35.00 for the pair I'm in Pike County Ky if your interested let me know I have very good prices each breed is different! You can message me but I don't check this very often so you can text me at 6064714548

FALL ENGLISH ORPINGTON SALE!

(1) 100% English Jubilee Cockerel hatched March 13 this year--nice manners, no crowing (he is not the dominant roo on my property), but he is mounting my hens. Asking $25. My farm is NPIP certified. This cockerel was vaccinated by his breeder against Marek's and coccidiosis. He was PT tested negative in June.

(2) 50-75% English Black/Lavender Orpington split cockerels, four available, hatched about August 18. The black roosters were gigantic and gorgeous, and the lavender hens were stout English type. Asking $8 for one, or two for $10! These cockerels were hatched here and handled a lot. They have been vaccinated against Marek's.

I will be taking orders for Jubilee hatching eggs (GFF x Sacre/GFF) for late winter/spring, as well as 50/50 (on average) lavender and black/lav split hatching eggs in the spring. I have lav roos to breed to my black/lav split pullets, and am keeping one black/lav split cockerel to breed to my lavender hens. My lavenders have excellent color (no yellowing whatsoever) and are good sized, very attractive birds. The lavenders were also hand raised here as well from different lines than the black/lav splits, so there will be no concerns about inbreeding.

Please PM me if interested. I live near Indianapolis. The Jubilee is too large to ship. I would consider shipping the black/lav splits at the cost of a shipping box and postage. However, I would prefer they be picked up (besides, that way you get your choice!).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello every one I'm looking for any person who has ducklings near Louisville. Preferably a female Pekin to keep my drake company. He gets lonely and he needs a girlfriend :) pm me please

Hey folks,

We're in Louisville and have a buff Orpington, a gray Araucana, and a black Australorp. We thought they were all pullets, but are almost certain that the Australorp is a cockerel. Pity, as he's gentle with us and absolutely beautiful....but my Highlands neighbors are not especially fond of being awakened at 6am by his crow! We've been a chicken family for about six weeks and are loving it, even in the snow today.

Back
Top Bottom