Kentucky people

Try PMing crfarm. I don't think she comes on here much anymore, but she has beautiful birds and many varieties of Brahmas. :D

I sent her a message...hope I hear back soon... Btw what do you raise?
1f603.png

If you don't hear from her soon, let me know and I'll message her on FB.

I raise Isbars, Swedish Flower Hens, Svart Hona (Swedish Black Hens), White American Bresse, and Black Ameraucanas. :D  

I will and I sure do appreciate it!! I just got into Lavender Ameruacanas a couple of weeks ago...hoping they do really well...how do your Black Ameruacanas do? They sell good?
JW where are you located?

Can you recommend a good source for Silkies in Kentucky? Cute chick by the way!)

I have a friend in Henderson Ky that raises silkies. Do you have a color in mind. I have paints and partridge but no chicks right now. I'm picking up buff chicks from her this weekend. Once the weather warms up more, I will start incubating and selling from my pens.

Anybody else have these unwelcome visitors show up in the middle of the day? We just moved here last summer. We hear them all the time, just surprised to see them out in the open, so close to the horses/house.
Hey guys I'm in Georgetown, just north of Lexington. Might I ask why they are unwelcome? Coyotes are mostly rodent eaters and they are cowards. As long as your coop is secure at night or you have a good LGD(I don't have one good or bad haha) you will seldom have to worry about a coyote. They might come out in the day on occasion but that is very rare and they can easily be deterred. They provide more benefits than they do harm. However, if you have one who doesn't run as soon as you head towards it, then you could have a problem. Usually they are diseased but they could be partially domesticated due to people feeding them and them becoming accustomed to being in close proximity with people. I have yet to encounter one that wasn't scared to death of people. Even the VERY large ones(possible coydogs) we have around here will run as soon as you look at them. We have lived here for almost 20 years and have never had a problem with them and we have bred and raised chickens, goats, horses and cattle. Plus children and Boston Terriers. I have witnessed a pack of 8 or more running together directly across the road yet I never even see them in our field.

Last edited:
They are unwelcome because they stalk our horses, they challenge the horses by running towards them before backing off if rebuffed. Last summer a lone coyote ran at my husband before he took a shot at him.The coyotes out here are way to bold and brazen for me. They have acres and acres of woods that belong to them, but if they come near my house, the horses, or chickens, they have to go.

They are unwelcome because they stalk our horses, they challenge the horses by running towards them before backing off if rebuffed. Last summer a lone coyote ran at my husband before he took a shot at him.The coyotes out here are way to bold and brazen for me. They have acres and acres of woods that belong to them, but if they come near my house, the horses, or chickens, they have to go.

If you have that much aggression/boldness from them then I would contact KY Fish and Wildlife because that is abnormal an unacceptable behavior. I would suspect disease, starvation or inappropriate human interference in your area such as leaving trash out or someone intentionally feeding them. All of those warrant KF&W action.

Hi, New to KY (Bardstown area) relocated in November from IL. While the weather has not been so great, it definitely makes me less homesick... I do find it difficult to understand the snow days though.... My ladies are apparently loving it here laying like mad. Currently 19 hens, 1 roo (from a new neighbor) and 4 pekin ducks.

Hi, New to KY (Bardstown area) relocated in November from IL. While the weather has not been so great, it definitely makes me less homesick... I do find it difficult to understand the snow days though.... My ladies are apparently loving it here laying like mad. Currently 19 hens, 1 roo (from a new neighbor) and 4 pekin ducks.

Hi atel, we moved here last June, and we are not too far from you in Lawrenceburg. Welcome! We don't have our chickens, we are fixing up an old coop, and will welcome 13 little ones in April. The weather has been the pits. Not just the snow but all the rain too. I am not sure we will ever dry out. We have to rely on help from Frankfort for this next snow storm so getting around out here will be even more interesting. Winter can't last forever, or that's what I keep telling myself. Lawrenceburg and Danville both have chicken swaps on Saturdays starting this month, if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom