Kentucky people

A few posts back pop57 said he was selling off all of his. But he is in eastern KY, don't remember where you are. He is selling all of his birds, but he would probably still have eggs till the birds are gone.

Well, finally have a moment to post.

Yes, FrChuck, I am easily amused
wink.png

I let the baby geese out today - I mean "out" out - not penned at all. They stayed pretty close to the pen, though. Whenever I was working over there they followed me all over the yard. They were really good about going back in, and even better about coming out
lau.gif
I just called them and they ran to the gate.

Jr. lost a baby yesterday, sadly, Zorro is no more. I'm not sure what happened - I saw Jr. and 5 chicks, then went looking and found the other baby, it looked fine, had an empty crop, but uninjured, and limp. I took it inside to warm it up but it died anyway. Maybe one of the big chickens stepped on it, or something.

Did I mention that I had a black ducky hatch? probably,but I've been busy and forgot what I typed yesterday and I'm too lazy to go back and find it. Anyway, I named it Crispy, and it is doing great.

Still waiting on those white call duck eggs to hatch.

My new tat itches, and other than that I've just been busy cleaning the yard and running around all day.

Mom said she'll be here Wednesday afternoon. I still have to clean house, although I did get the hatchery room cleaned a bit. Spent most of my time outside cleaning the yard and driveway (had piles of building materials, etc... everywhere).

The low spot at the top of the duck pen, and at the outside of the duck pen that floods all the time (Shelley knows where I mean) we're gonna put gravel up there. Also down the slope in front of the lower coop - so I don't go slippy slidey down it next time it rains - almost landed on my butt more than once last week. We plan to frame it all in so it looks nice (and doesn't go everywhere in the yard) then frame in the flower beds I just planted there. I'll take pics when it's done - it'll look nice, but it'll be a lot of gravel hauling by bucketfuls (thank goodness I have two teenage sons who need some excercise.) The area outside the duck pen turns into a pond every time it rains hard - I have 3 skids there, right now, for a dock to walk across
lau.gif

I guess that's all, I'm gonna go watch some TV tonight and gel. Better check babies in the hatching room, first and make sure they've all got water and munchies.

bye all -
meri

hey all...i'm busting in on the KY thread because....we're coming to Kentucky for vacation! we will be meeting three byc families along the trip! will be heading in May 16 and heading home the 20th.

we'll be staying in the Lexington area i believe. so if there are more who want to meet us along the way or give any hints for our stay, please shout out or pm me.

frow.gif

Quote:
Oh no!! You want to come to central KY, near the Green River Lake, Lexington is just too big
big_smile.png

i just googled GRL and it looks lovely! i wish we could see the whole state!
so far i know we are going to The Creation Museum, The Cinci Zoo, an aquarium and more.

any suggestions for something to see in GRL?

Quote:
Oh no!! You want to come to central KY, near the Green River Lake, Lexington is just too big
big_smile.png

i just googled GRL and it looks lovely! i wish we could see the whole state!
so far i know we are going to The Creation Museum, The Cinci Zoo, an aquarium and more.

any suggestions for something to see in GRL?

Trees and water basically, not much here that I know of! Over by Bowling Green/Glasgow area is Mammoth Cave, now that is something to see! Best on a hot day, since the temps inside the caves is always 50 or 60 something, can't remember for sure!
Central KY is more of a 'summer' tourism thing, most tourism revolves around one of the two lakes (GRL and Lake Cumberland).

Be sure to go tyo the Horse park and there is a poultry show this weekend in Shelbyville...about a hour to an hour and a half from Lexingten......good to have you coming to KY. Hope you enjoy!!!I live half way between Lexington and Cincinnati! Jane

Hi Kentucky Folks!
We live in a tiny town called Grant's Lick, KY. This is in Northern Kentucky in Campbell County. We're newbies and just found this site about 2 months ago. We are in the process of building our chicken coop and have been doing a lot of research. We want to get it perfect, of course!! We are awaiting our 15 chicks. We pick them up on Father's Day. A great present for my husband, don't ya' think?! Wish us luck!

Amy

Quote:
Amy,
welcome-byc.gif
and the Kentucky forum. We can be quite chatty at times. Feel free to join in, ask questions, tell of your experiences, we were all newbies at one time.

Miss Jayne, enjoy your stay while here. Sounds like you have a pretty full schedule already. The aquarium is located in Newport, KY, just across the river from Cincinatti. It has a really neat glass tunnel that you walk through and the fish swim around you.

The Kentucky Horse Park, located outside of Lexington is a must see. Wear comfortable walking shoes when you go there. You just missed the Rolex Three Day event held there every year. They have a nice museum there and a gift shop amongst other things. If you get the chance you should also come up to Louisville and visit Churchill Downs, although the spring meet is going on, the museum is very interesting with several interactive displays. Also, downtown on Main st, is both the Louisville Science Center and the Slugger Museum, with the worlds largest bat out front.

If we had known earlier that you were coming down, we could have arranged a nice barbeque get together with the rest of the crowd from here. Oh well, maybe next time.

Back
Top Bottom