Kentucky people

Anyone going to Sano tomorrow that might be able to give me a ride??
big_smile.png
My dad's truck is broke down, something with the carberator that he can't get the part for, at least not from any of the parts places here. My uncle is looking online for the thing he needs, but who knows if he'll be able to find it, or when?

Anyway, I hope to have a few ducks to take there, and some buff cochins. Maybe some blacks too, haven't decided yet. But I have no way to get there. My car needs an alternator, dad's truck is out of commission, and dad's car runs when it wants to.

I also have 4 bobwhite quail chicks for sale, if anyone is interested. My neighbor gave me the eggs, and he doesn't want the chicks back. I don't want bobwhites, so let me know if anyone is interested!! They are about 3 days old or so.

My neighbor kid Wayne, age 14 is away at camp and his dad is taking care of his chickens. The other night his BR Roo got in a fight with one of his guineas and he dropped over dead.
His dad came running over to me, and I inspected the bird and didn't find a mark on him. He apparently just died of a heart attack or something. He was a two year old, big beautiful Roo. I was with him when Wayne bought him last summer.

Does anyone close to me have an extra BR Roo they would be willing to sell cheap or perhaps donate to a good cause.?? I would really like to replace the Roo before he gets home from camp this weekend. This Roo was his favorite, and he will be heart broke.

Since I am waiting on a disability claim, money is pretty scarce and his dad is laid off from work.
Thanks in advance.

I was standing by the stove today cooking some hard eggs because I like iodized salt on a hot day. (does a thyroid good)

Anyway, I hear a peep, peep... Now I stopped the auto turner just 24 hours ago and it is way too early for any thing to hatch. but I thought I'd check it out anyway and sure enough. There were two hatched and one more almost totally zipped. The two that are out are dry and healthy looking.
jumpy.gif

Well, I guess I will have to fix a brooder box tonight. I have two orders of Delaware eggs from off ebay for a total of 27 eggs of which 7 did not develop. Hopefully, a bunch of these will hatch.
love.gif
pop.gif

Hey you Kentucky People.. Don't forget about the swap on Saturday Morning 6/20..

The Bluegrass Poultry Association, www.bluegrasspoultry.com, in conjunction with the Franklin County Cooperative Extension, will be hosting monthly small animal and poultry swap and trade days starting this month, March 2009.

Where: Frankfort Livestock Complex
Lakeview Park
2456 Georgetown Rd
Frankfort, KY 40601

When: Fourth Saturday of each month
Starting at 8am
RAIN OR SHINE

March 28
April 25
May 23
*June 20
July 25
August 22
September 26

*June 20th swap will be held on the 3rd Saturday

FREE TO THE PUBLIC
Dealer Set up Fee- $5.00
For Additional information contact
Eric Engelsman @ 859-792-4433 or
Lynn Shelburne @ 502-477-5453

Directions:
From I-64 West or I-64 East (Louisville or Lexington)

Take the US-60/VERSAILLES/FRANKFORT exit (58). At the end of the exit ramp turn toward Frankfort. You will pass a large shopping center on your left soon after you make the turn.

Travel approximately 3.5 miles and turn RIGHT onto US-460 EAST (East Main St also known as Georgetown Road).

Travel approximately 1 mile and turn LEFT at the traffic light onto STEADMANTOWN LANE. The Lakeview Golf Course and Park will be on your left.

There will be Bluegrass Poultry signs posted.

Hey everyone,
I have a young ready to breed Mottled Cochin bantam rooster that I am willing to swap for a cochin hen. I have a barred, white, and nice blue rooster that I would swap as well.
I need a buff, white, or mottled hen if anyone is interested in trading.
The roos are $8 each if anyone needs one yet has no hen to trade.
I have a pair of barred cochin bantams that I will sell for $25.

I have welsummer chicks and White faced black spanish bantam chicks that are $3 each. Shoot me an email if interested in anything. I will swap chicks for chicks as well.
Located between Berea and Richmond on US 25.
Thanks,
Darrin

Check out my babies. My first silkie hatch some little ones. I also had some hatch in an incubator. So I gave them to her and she instantly accepted them. I also have 5 more silkie hens sitting.
17983_100_1180.jpg

3 blacks sharing the same nest and eggs.
17983_100_1179.jpg

Oh yeah and check out my new geese. Sebastopols. They are beautiful.
17983_100_1177.jpg

What a good Father's day I am having today. I went to the flea market and bought myself some chicken's and chick's for a father's day gift...lol I got a trio of porcelain, a pair of self blue oeg's, a pair of blue red BB's and a bunch of chick's...silver sebright's, bb red's, silver duckwing"s, and some white black tail japanese...All at a really good price. What a good day. I am as happy as a pig in slop...lol
jumpy.gif
bun.gif
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom