Kentucky people

Thought you said it was crowing?? The crowing that only the males do is the growling, darth-vader-breathing, perculator coffee pot noise. The 'HEE-HEE-HEE' noise both sexes do.
smile.png

Congrats on the girl, just be sure to watch them to make sure there is no fighting.

Another way to tell if it is male or female (for future reference) is by the color of the vent feathers. Only males will get red/rust/pink feathers on or near their vents, but not all males will get this
smile.png

Quote:
It was the Hee Hee Hee sound I heard.

The only one who is going after her much is the wild female - the others are just curious - but they are all hyper and freaking out cause of something/someone new in the cage. The little girl is hiding behind the skull, but she is watching everyone - they all settled down a bit, finally and are leaving her alone for now.

I'll keep an eye on it.

She definately has some wild patterning but it is all silver instead of the brown. My other silver female doesn't have nearly so much interesting patterns, she is just silver - end of story.

meri

Last edited:
I think I have a hen like that as well, she kind of has barring on the breast feathers? I'm not sure what color mix that would be, could be golden or something. The buttons I have have a lot of color mixes that pop up, so yours probably do too.

Anybody on here have any problems with baby guinea keets beating up your baby chicks? I have some guinea keets, about 3 wks old and some chicks, same age, all hatched together. I put them outside in their outdoor pen a few days ago and also put some younger chicks with them and this morning, HORROR. I had 4 of the smaller chicks dead and 5 more that had their beaks either pretty banged up or completely pecked OFF!!!
sad.png
I noticed the guineas kinda pickin on some of the chicks last night but not bad so thought nothing of it until this morning. I know it had to be the guineas because I had chicks, turkey poults and guineas together and the guineas were the only ones WITHOUT a little beating up on their beaks. So needless to say I had to find a large cage and seperate the guineas from the chicks. I have another set of guineas, about a week old, in with some bantam chicks since they're about the same size but don't want a repeat performance of this so wondered if anyone else ever had problems like this before.

SOLD...........Thought I would put this on here to give yall first crack before craigslist. I dont think it will last long!

Im selling my extra GQF sportsman 1502 incubator this one has very little use on it. Comes complete ready to go with the following extras 3 metal setting trays, 6 universal egg trays, 6 quail egg trays, auto. fill humidity tray. This is a very good incubator nothing is missing and they are very reliable. No shipping pickup in Mount Sterling. $450. cash 859-585-8205

Reason for selling i dont need 2 after all, one is plenty for me at the moment.

Pop

Last edited:
Quote:
I have 2 guinea keets in with 3 bobwhite quail chicks, and 2 chicken chicks....so far they are all getting along, and all of them are a couple of weeks old.
I also have 6 guinea keets in with 20-some coturnix quail chicks and a chicken chick. They are also doing fine, but they are only a few days old. One reason that a lot of people get rid of their guineas is because they are mean to the chickens. Mine aren't too bad, they used to be really mean to the red chickens (dad's RIR), but now they are with them most of the time. I think it just takes them some time to get used to each other, I find it odd that they would fight, being that they were raised together?

Quote:
Heya
big_smile.png

Yeah, but not with chicks and keets - once they got bigger (even though they were raised together) they attacked the hens constantly - I had to get rid of them, they were just too nasty to my chickens.

meri

hey Shelley - I may be a little later tomorrow morning getting out there. I have had three or four calls on the donkeys, so I probably will have people waking me up tomorrow fighting over them
lau.gif

I'll call ya before I come out (and I won't forget the pop for the kiddo
big_smile.png
)

I've told each person who called or emailed that the first person to pay me gets to take them.

eta - wow. just got an email from a neighbor (no idea who, but he lives right around the block on Chestnut Grove rd.) who wants to paypal me sight unseen to get them
lau.gif
Maybe I should have charged more for them?
lau.gif
naw, I'll be happy to get what I have into them.

meri

Last edited:
Quote:
coolness, I'll bring enough trays then.

I have someone coming over tomorrow morning at 7 AM !!!

craigslist rocks
lau.gif

meri (who has to go make her hubby the rest of his dinner now that he is finally fof the phone and can eat it.)

back in a few.....

7:00??? What the heck are they thinking?? Don't they know that people sleep?
lau.gif

I wish I had as much luck with craigslist, but then again, I haven't posted on there in a while.

Any idea where I could post looking for someone to cut our hay? I guess a neighbor usually does it, but isn't for some reason. Dad asked another neighbor if he would do it, the guy was supposed to come and look at it and never did. The grass in the field is getting so high that it is starting to fall over, it really needs to be cut!! Any ideas??

Oh, and before I forget, I have the gate closed cause I let the horses out into the drive to eat some of the weeds down. If they are all back in the pasture in the morning I'll lock them back up, but I thought I'd give you a heads-up if not
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom