Kentucky people

i did some checking ,,, corbin is like 4 hours from where i am ....sorry vickie i would have loved to have done a trade , but i cant justify driving 4 hours to trade birds ,,,, if you think you'll be around bowling green anytime soon , we can meet somewhere ! where are you located braclin ?

Spydertoys,
I like a few million other people am waiting to get taxes done for that refund check. But I'll be coming for 15 straight run Buff Orpingtons, 10 of the Black Jersey Giants, and when we get the next coop built, some Muscoveys. With this kind of cold we risk losing chicks now as we have no space to set up a brooder in a heated area, too many grandbabies in the house. I have 6 grandkids living with me and all under 8 years old. They'd pester chicks to death if I tried brooding in the house with them here. Once we can get started getting the brooder built, I'll holler at you to get mine "cookin' ."

We come to Edmonton once a month for my husbands doctor's appointments. That's where you live isn't it? We will arrange to pick them up on the same day.

Sounds like a plan to me.

Hey everyone!

We live south of Elizabethtown in Glendale, and have our 11 Plymouth Barred Rock hens, which started laying in late November, and we're having an absolute blast with them. Most of what we know, we learned from this site, so it's great to find a collection of Kentucky folks here. We have them free-ranging across our four acres all day, and supplement that with certified organic feed we get up at Fresh Start Growers' Supply in Louisville. Steve, the owner, is an awesome guy.

If anyone nearby has a good-tempered Plymouth Barred Rock rooster they're willing to part with, we're definitely looking to add one to the mix. Let me know!

Also, we are already overflowing with large eggs (organic, of course) from our ladies, so if anyone's interested in some, or has suggestions of how to find buyers, drop me a line!

welcome-byc.gif
mtsmylie, You are from my old neck of the woods. I use to live in Eastview which is no time from ya.

Last edited:
Quote:
Yup..that will work
I have a Muscovy hen on eggs now..they have never laid in the winter before. She must be confused..lol!! She will hatch the end of the month..silly girl!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yup..that will work
I have a Muscovy hen on eggs now..they have never laid in the winter before. She must be confused..lol!! She will hatch the end of the month..silly girl!!

your muscovys are momma machines!!! you always have ducklings.
lol.png

Mrs. Turbo :

Quote:
Yup..that will work

your muscovys are momma machines!!! you always have ducklings.
lol.png

Yes..I sold over 350 this last summer. I even bought a few ducklings to keep my customers happy because I ran out..lol!!

They are not only prolific..they are excellent Mommies!

I have also been hatching Golden Cascade ducklings all winter...I have more ducks than chickens now I think..lol!!
The Cascades lay all year, but I can't explain the Muscovy..maybe she got scared when she peeked in the Cascade nest box and saw the eggs and thought she would end up in the pot if she didn't do some work. ( I don't eat my birds..lol)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom