khaki campbells

Krissy7

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Hi Im a newby here:)
I was wondering if any of you new anthing about khakis as I got a new duck.
Here are some questions I would want to know?
What is there habbitat like?
When do they start laying eggs?
How to tell if there eggs are good or not?
If she ccan have ducklings without a male?
If Free Range Poultry Mix iss a good brand of food?
And Just extra info?
Thankyou

welcome-byc.gif

I don't have any ducks, but want some! but i do know you have to have a male to have fertile eggs to have babies..just like we do!
wink.png
post some pics and ask a million questions, I am sure some one has the answers you need!!
yippiechickie.gif

Khaki Campbells veery seldom go broody it has been bred out of them in place of egg laying. They are very good ducks not exceptionally loud. My girl lives in a dog kennel which is getting updated this summer if it ever cools down, with her 3 daughters and a pekin that I got for free. I used to have a runner drake but rehomed him when he wouldnt leave my chickens alone. Yes you have to have a drake if you want babies. If you just want eggs then no drake. Like chickens they are flock animals and do better with a friend. Laurel didnt lay til she was 6 months old and now seldom misses a day. If you do have a drake so long as you collect the eggs everyday you dont have to worry about them developing. Duck eggs are very good to eat even better for baking with. I let my girls run the yard during the day they hve a wading pool to play in and since its so hot I keep the sprinkler on too. You can feed them chicken feed but if your area has duck feed thats better. They LOVE peas!!!!! And almost forgot
welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
My ducks sleep in the coop with the chickens. They have a kiddie pool to swim in, and have an acre or so fenced off for them to wander around in. They would have more but have been confined to the back half of the yard since they kept getting in my kids pool and pooping in it, lol.

Back
Top Bottom