Lady Amherst - pure breed or mutant?

This is whats called a dark Amhearst. Some are looking for that cross I on the other hand believe pure is only right for the species.
I didnt read all 6 or so pages just my observation so its definatly not pure

Thanks to all involved, this has been quite an interesting and educational thread! While researching what some of the scientific names revealed I found this site:

Quote: http://orientalbirdimages.org/birdimages.php?action=birdfamily&Bird_Family_ID=58

It has photos! :D

Ok, I know you hardcore enthusiasts not only know this sort of stuff off by heart but can probably even correct the folks behind the site on any non-pure birds they're showing, but I thought it was educational as well and decided to share the link in case anyone is interested.

I'm not a pheasant keeper because I prefer mongrels, but if there's so many mixed pheasants around I guess I might end up keeping some in future... Whether I do or not, I like to learn about animals in general.

Best wishes to all.

I don t want these birds even for free
old.gif

Good stuff. Then you are a custodian of purebred genetics. I wouldn't seek out mutants to buy because that might encourage people crossing purebreds, but if some were offered to me for free, I might have a go at breeding them as meat livestock. Each to their own.

Do you know what companies do DNA test to test for purity of Chrysolophus Amherstiae, Lady Amherst pheasants?

Back
Top Bottom