Lame muscovy duck

Okay. Totally not trying to scare you or make you think that he does have Mareks, I am just listing the possibilities. So sometimes you may have it in your flock but not know. Ducks can get it from chickens. He has the same if not similar symptoms to the nerve part of it. Then again it may be something totally different.
Like I said I'm sure it's not mareks I am very well educated about it and have always had my flock tested for it. I am almost 100% sure it's a niacin deficiency or a possible injury. I am very bio secure and have had a clean flock for many years. Also if it was a tumor or lesion caused by the virus the bird would not be able to move at all. This bird hops arround on his hocks.

Like I said I'm sure it's not mareks I am very well educated about it and have always had my flock tested for it. I am almost 100% sure it's a niacin deficiency or a possible injury. I am very bio secure and have had a clean flock for many years. Also if it was a tumor or lesion caused by the virus the bird would not be able to move at all. This bird hops arround on his hocks.
I understand that you are educated about it. I am just throwing out ideas. So I may be wrong but let's hope for the best!

I'm not sure they have always looked like this. I touched them and they are normal temp so I dont think there swollen. Is there any other way I can tell if they are swollen for sure.
Does the joint have normal range of motion? What I mean by that is do the legs flex and extend the way the other ducks do? You will need to catch another duck and check what their legs do, then check his.

Back
Top Bottom