Langshan Thread!!!

I hope not, as I don't want to have to rehome it to somwehere in the country. I guess I will have to wait and see
smile.png
Both the males and the females in my line take a long time to feather in. I hatched several last year and they all looked like boys to me for weeks. Hopefully, yours is just a late blooming pullet!

Hi, are there any Langshan breeders close to central Indiana?
Hi I'm in California and not sure if we have anyone here from your area of the US. You might try the FB Langshan Breeders USA thread. I know that there are several people with Langshan in Ohio.
smile.png

Hi, I'm up in Humboldt, and after doing research on chicken breeds, I think the Langshan is the right one for me. Does anybody know of where to get chicks up here, or will I have to come down to the Bay Area? Also, des anybody have an extra Langshan rooster in the Bay Area or north? I could use one for my current flock of Rhode Island Reds. Thanks!
Galen

Hi, I'm up in Humboldt, and after doing research on chicken breeds, I think the Langshan is the right one for me. Does anybody know of where to get chicks up here, or will I have to come down to the Bay Area? Also, des anybody have an extra Langshan rooster in the Bay Area or north? I could use one for my current flock of Rhode Island Reds. Thanks!
Galen
Hi, Galen! Welcome to BYC! I heartily endorse your choice of Langshan for a breed! I am in my second year of breeding large fowl black Langshan with plans to also add blue and splash. The backbone of my breeding flock is a trio of birds from Sherry Parker. I currently have 3 black cockerels out of this trio and I'm only going to keep one of them. I am in the Bay area, however. We are processing extra cockerels next Sat but I really want to find a new home for these big boys rather than eat them.

Are your RIRs hatchery stock or from a breeder? I have a small flock of Horstman/Kittle RIR's. I love them and I'm hoping to breed a few more if I can manage to get more breeding pens set up. The first step is narrowing down the number of birds by processing the extra cockerels.

Any opinions on SandHill Preservation Center's Langshans?
I just wanted their white jersey giants but they had a max of ten. Minimum order is twenty five so I added the max of five blue langshan and ten black langshan.
Anyone know anyone who has got their stock?

Any opinions on SandHill Preservation Center's Langshans?
I just wanted their white jersey giants but they had a max of ten. Minimum order is twenty five so I added the max of five blue langshan and ten black langshan.
Anyone know anyone who has got their stock?
I personally don't know about their Langshan. Maybe someone else will chime in who does know.
smile.png

I realize you were discussing eggs here, but will you be shipping hatched chicks as well or only eggs?
I just heard this past week that you have had cases of Avian Infuenza in AR and that your state was not allowing birds & eggs in or out. If that's true, hopefully the quarantine won't last long.

Back
Top Bottom