Langshan

MyPerfectChicken

Songster
12 Years
Jul 19, 2007
PA
What are your opinions on Langshans??

If you own any I would love to see pictures!!
big_smile.png

I'm soooo glad you asked this question, I meant to ask this question myself. I want to hear what other people think, too.

I have seen a few of them at a few poultry shows and they are absolutely gorgeous. They look similar to Jersey Giants in size, dark eyes, but Langshans have that distinctive V-shaped profile when seen from the side and feathered shanks. I believe their legs are longer than the Jersey Giants. They are BIG!
love.gif

I did get a chance to ask the person showing the breed about the temperament and he considered Langshans to be docile, even the roosters.

I have Jersey Giants which I love, but if I could add a few more birds, I would get Langshans. For now, they are on my wish list.....

In case you don't have this info, you could contact the breed club for breeders--unless somebody here has some.
National Langshan Club
3232 School Rd.
Cridersville, OH 45806

Last edited:
I love my Langshans. They are very docile...and sweet natured birds. They are great layers..and very much like to sit in my lap. One of my white hens, Sugar...will cry, and hop up and down in front of me, untill I pick her up and give her some " cuddle time" She is very spoiled!!

Hi,

I had black Langshan bantams several years ago. They were housed with other bantam breeds and they got along with the other breeds fine. They also were docile. I was very fond of the roo. Watch the combs in the winter tho. They can frostbite easily with humidity present.

gootziecat

I have 2 black langshan girls! One of which is spoiled rotten, she follows me everywhere and even comes to visit inside the house. I can pack her around like a football. She's a big baby doll. Ever since the dog attack (@3 months back)she's kept pretty much to the hen house and only comes out if I am there to protect her.

BlackBeauty07.jpg

This is my white langshan roo. He's a very cocky fellow.
scan0011.jpg

My Black Langshan Roo. Ebony...is also very docile. He does not like to lap sit as much as the hens...but very good when I go in the pen, and hold " his ladies" He has that look like.....I want to, but scared. I have a dozen eggs of thiers in the bator, due 8 Dec....or there about! LOL I just LOVE them...

Back
Top Bottom