large fowl brahma genetics ........ can anyone help me please ??

thanks,
thumbsup.gif
now i need to see what some of the letters mean"
barnie.gif
lol................. i will read more into it ! i was thinking a blue roo with a dark girl and then crossing back all pullets to the same roo - their father ...... any suggestions ???????
thanks

Why would you inbreed them like that ?
If anything you should use 2nd cousins to set your look

Until you have the desired look you should never go past 15-20% anything Higher and you ruin the line with any chance of setting your look with in the next 5 generations .

remember this

any flaws in what you have will come up in many generations in the future . if you have any issues with your first cross try another hen if same issue try another male and then CULL HARD .

for the most part i think hey are beautiful i love my dark Brahmas wish i had room for more colors but i have to put my effort in what i have and bring them up to keep going next yr i will need 2 new roos ....................... this makes me sad but i am sure i will be able to work with someone or that is my hopes anyway , Tammy

Last edited:
thanks for the reply, i know nothing about genetics as this subject is well over my head, it was a suggestion someone here in the uk made about crossing back his daughters , like i say, i know nothing . but am willing and trying to learn, i thought it would have been so much easier than this and stupidly i thought someone on here with more genetic knowledge than me would have said put a blue roo with a dark girl and hey presto..... obviously not ... lol
thanks

hi everyone,
i am trying to breed BSO brahma's and was wondering if anyone can help me with the genetics of which 2 colours of bramas i will need . i currently have quite a few different pure colours !
any help would be greatly appreciated !
thanks
michelle
thumbsup.gif

What varieties do you own (or have access to) that could be used to cross? Do you have any BSO? Pictures of the birds that you own would be helpful. I need more information before I can give you any advise.

Last edited:
i also have light columbian girl, 2 gold girls,red pyle girl and a buff columbian girl who is more of a deeper buff, she can be seen i the background of the lemon pyle pics
thanks

Back
Top Bottom