Large Fowl Cochin Thread

I'm jealous! Thats an almost all siver blue hen you have there. I have Blue orpingtons and rarely do I get one that's a solid color without the blackish hackle feathering around the neck area. Nice!

​I'm jealous! Thats an almost all siver blue hen you have there. I have Blue orpingtons and rarely do I get one that's a solid color without the blackish hackle feathering around the neck area. Nice!

Thank You! I actually want darker birds
1f602.png
, I'm still confused though as some people say that they should be darker but my judge from last year said she was perfect
1f602.png

My frizzle cock is doing his job!!!!

Can't really see it but its fertilized .

Hi, I just joined Backyard Chickens. I saw your post here. Last spring I hatched some eggs I received from a friend. 2 were marked cochin. Those 2 hatched. I was very lucky they were a pullet and cockeral. I am now separating them from other chickens and hoping to get fertile eggs. They are both Blue Cochins. I will start pulling eggs in a few weeks to incubate. Should I expect 25% black, 50% blue and 25% splash then?

​Hi, I just joined Backyard Chickens.  I saw your post here.  Last spring I hatched some eggs I received from a friend.  2 were marked cochin.  Those 2 hatched.  I was very lucky they were a pullet and cockeral.  I am now separating them from other chickens and hoping to get fertile eggs.  They are both Blue Cochins.  I will start pulling eggs in a few weeks to incubate. Should I expect 25% black, 50% blue and 25% splash then? 

Yep!

Back
Top Bottom