Large Fowl Cochin Thread

My cochins are babies still and hatchery mutts. I am gobsmacked by the length of their legs. I love the barred and partridges best so far and the barred are the better looking out of all of them. My youngest hatchery cochins are self blues and blues. I'm in love with the self blues, such a beautiful color! Really hoping they get nicer feathered feet than the gold and silver laced have.

I just moved them out back so they can free range with chicks that are 2months older, and it's safer under the trees for them. They are being shy about coming out of the coop so they stayed in there all day yesterday. Today they have ventured out a little and are eating flowers.. for some reason every chicken jumps up to eat the flowers.

These are my first Cochins, just hatchery stock but I am looking forward to getting aquainted with them
This is Sir Isaac Newton (yes we know it is most likely a pullet) they all got mostly boy names.
This is Cajun (all the buffs in the flock get spice/herb names)

I wish it showed better but that little bar of gold feathering above the larger band of gold is weird. It is on both sides and sticks out like little ears! This is a Gold Laced Cochin, I think. It could be one of my Partridge Cochins. Can someone explain to me what those tufts are?

About five years ago we bought our first baby chicks. Among them was a tiny White Cochin female. Due to several predator attacks a few years ago we lost most of them. Considering cochins are supposed to be less able to avoid predators it is surprising that she is our last remaining hen from back then. She has long been my favorite. She is a hatchery baby but she is wonderful. Great personality and very pretty! I do love that hen! I was reminded by your photos of her long ago!

My favorite Cochin. I'm Hoping she wins BB at state

Back
Top Bottom