Large lump under chicks vent - HELP

Brandonb2017

Hatching
Jun 26, 2023
I have an ester egged that is about 2.5 weeks old. I noticed last night that she had a large lump forming under her vent. I have 5 other Easter eggers and none of them have any lumps there. She is roughly the same size as all the others as well. She seems to act normal and I isolated her for a short time to see if she had any kind of digestion blockage, but she pooped so I don’t think it is that.

Has anyone seen this before and or have any recommendations for treatment. I’ve attached a picture from last night and one from this morning and the lump has grown fairly significantly overnight.

Attachments

• IMG_7340.jpeg
    IMG_7340.jpeg
    444.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7345.jpeg
    IMG_7345.jpeg
    445.2 KB · Views: 26
Does she act lethargic or puffed up? Is she eating and drinking normally, and what do her poops look like? I would watch for signs of coccidiosis, or for changes in it’s condition. Mushy chick disease could also be a possible problem. Is the navel still visible? Most chicks with that will die of infection.What are you feeding them, and remember if they are getting food other than chick feed, they need access to chick grit.

Does she act lethargic or puffed up? Is she eating and drinking normally, and what do her poops look like? I would watch for signs of coccidiosis, or for changes in it’s condition. Mushy chick disease could also be a possible problem. Is the navel still visible? Most chicks with that will die of infection.What are you feeding them, and remember if they are getting food other than chick feed, they need access to chick grit.
She seems to be just as active and has been running around like the others. Her poop looks normal as well. They have only ever had medicated chick feed and even then I have added some probiotic chick grit to it every few days.

Following bc I have a Brahma rooster that has had the same thing. I noticed it, posted about it but someone said could be his insides. Except now it is bigger but so is he.

Last pic is when he needed a bath bc he had poop all over him, and this is when I first noticed it. He was like a week old? He is around 3 to 4 weeks now.

Attachments

• 20230626_204505.jpg
    20230626_204505.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 18
  • 20230626_204511.jpg
    20230626_204511.jpg
    242.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230626_204508.jpg
    20230626_204508.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 20230609_221249.jpg
    20230609_221249.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 20
Following bc I have a Brahma rooster that has had the same thing. I noticed it, posted about it but someone said could be his insides. Except now it is bigger but so is he.

Last pic is when he needed a bath bc he had poop all over him, and this is when I first noticed it. He was like a week old? He is around 3 to 4 weeks now.
My hen is three weeks old today. Her lump is still the same size as it was in that picture and it’s been a few days now. She still acts normal and is eating, drinking, and pooping. She’s still able to move around fine as well so I’ve just been monitoring her for now.

My hen is three weeks old today. Her lump is still the same size as it was in that picture and it’s been a few days now. She still acts normal and is eating, drinking, and pooping. She’s still able to move around fine as well so I’ve just been monitoring her for now.
Any idea what it is? My Little guy is doing fine too

Back
Top Bottom