Larkwell Valley (2023)

Really hope this works. Gave a fawn and white runner female to Arse-hole and the mismarked male to Twila. None of their eggs had any development.

Both seemed a bit confuzled by these weird fuzzy things, but Luna (who is kind of co-nesting with Butthole) was trying to guide them over when they were first calling for the light. No hissing or huffing (these ladies have been so patient with me though, I'm honestly so surprised with how they've behaved since starting to nest) or nipping apart from a light back groom on the male duckling by Twila. Really hope they keep the babies warm enough and safe tonight.
20240502_213116.jpg

Are you going to try to give them more?

I know some people have ducks/muscovy turn into cobras when nesting, but mine are usually all very good.
Wasn't planning this time around. Should I? Maybe if these two look okay when I check this morning. If TSC had had any, I probably would, but they don't know when they'll be getting ducks in, if at all

Wasn't planning this time around. Should I? Maybe if these two look okay when I check this morning. If TSC had had any, I probably would, but they don't know when they'll be getting ducks in, if at all
It's up to you. I personally prefer having moms raising the ducklings, to save on all the cleaning, but I worry more too about something happening to them!

My blue Swedish hen 10 years ago was terrifying (but then again. I was a kid too). Hissing and huffing and snapping her bill at us. Also did those fake charges
I ignore behaviour like that and just stick my hand in anyways! :lau My chocolate quacker is meaner than my scovies.

It's up to you. I personally prefer having moms raising the ducklings, to save on all the cleaning, but I worry more too about something happening to them!
That's why I only gave each of them one last night. So if something happened, I was only out those two, and they were ones that I wasn't super concerned about. But they also have the life insurance, so maybe I'll give them each another runner girl if they look good today. Then that would be 4 less that I have to house
I ignore behaviour like that and just stick my hand in anyways! :lau My chocolate quacker is meaner than my scovies.
Now I just accept I'm going to be bit and charged by my broodies. But when I was on ground level and the duck was half my size, it was way more intimidating

Back
Top Bottom