Larkwell Valley (2023)

We did end up losing the runner female. The magpie male is doing great though. Tried to give that mama another, but the new duckling was already imprinted on the light. I gave a runner duckling to the other to try again, he went right under her and hopefully stays put. Moose and the other 2 girls got out, so it's just the mama's today in that pen. Ideally I'll move them to the pen the trough is in tonight though if everything is good

We did end up losing the runner female. The magpie male is doing great though. Tried to give that mama another, but the new duckling was already imprinted on the light. I gave a runner duckling to the other to try again, he went right under her and hopefully stays put. Moose and the other 2 girls got out, so it's just the mama's today in that pen. Ideally I'll move them to the pen the trough is in tonight though if everything is good
Awww, sorry you lost one. :(

But, that means you get two back, right?

Awww, sorry you lost one. :(

But, that means you get two back, right?
Yeah, she had the ducky life insurance. I'll be reporting it tomorrow (in case I lose another over night) but if I only have the one loss, they say they'll send a second of their choice to meet the 2 minimum. I have to reread the section again to see what exactly I need to do.

The black baby is currently just chilling under Butthole. Looks nice and toasty

Yeah, she had the ducky life insurance. I'll be reporting it tomorrow (in case I lose another over night) but if I only have the one loss, they say they'll send a second of their choice to meet the 2 minimum. I have to reread the section again to see what exactly I need to do.

The black baby is currently just chilling under Butthole. Looks nice and toasty
Magpie loves to sit on Twila's back. The black runner is still nice and toasty under Buttface. I'm thinking the runner I lost got out and just wandered away last night, because she certainly isn't chasing babies away

Everyone I've been raising is doing great though. Want to let them out of the trough either Wednesday or next Monday (just depends on how they look and how confident I am) so they have more room.

Awww! I'm so sorry! :hugs Do you know what happened?
Looks like he jumped into the water dish and got chilled. He didn't like going under Twila, and she didn't seem to be real keen on him (though she was more than okay with him around and interacting with her, she just didn't talk to him or guide him)
Was the broody experiment a fail?
Yeah. I did find a (dead) developed egg under Twila, so at least Moose isn't shooting only blanks.

Back
Top Bottom