Late January Hatch?

I'm nervous and not sure what to do. I candled tonight so I won't open again until day 18 to take out the auto turner. I noticed one of the eggs has a little crack in it. Is that normal at day 14? All embryos are moving around and I assume doing well. Do I need to do anything to that egg to keep it from cracking open too soon?
1f623.png

I candled and I have 3 potentially 4 viable eggs... Somewhat disappointed. :( I was really hoping for at least 5/7

I'm nervous and not sure what to do. I candled tonight so I won't open again until day 18 to take out the auto turner. I noticed one of the eggs has a little crack in it. Is that normal at day 14? All embryos are moving around and I assume doing well. Do I need to do anything to that egg to keep it from cracking open too soon?
1f623.png

Is it too late to join? I sat 12 blue splash bearded silkie eggs and 12 easter egger eggs due on Jan 30th. I have candled at day 7 and found 3 with blood rings and another 1 or 2 with possible blood rings. Going to candle again tomorrow (day 14) and see where we are.
I too have one with a Crack I am concerned about. I was told if it looks good on day 14 I could put some clear finger nail Polish over the cracked (if it's not in or near the air cell) and that will help keep bacteria out. Good luck to all!

Is it too late to join? I sat 12 blue splash bearded silkie eggs and 12 easter egger eggs due on Jan 30th. I have candled at day 7 and found 3 with blood rings and another 1 or 2 with possible blood rings. Going to candle again tomorrow (day 14) and see where we are.
I too have one with a Crack I am concerned about. I was told if it looks good on day 14 I could put some clear finger nail Polish over the cracked (if it's not in or near the air cell) and that will help keep bacteria out. Good luck to all!

Welcome and good luck!!

Welcome! I started reading through some other posts and candle wax was another solution for cracked eggs as long as the membrane was intact. Good luck
1f413.png

Welcome! I started reading through some other posts and candle wax was another solution for cracked eggs as long as the membrane was intact. Good luck
1f413.png
Thanks! Yes I read that also. I don't think the egg was very promising but I will have something ready tomorrow when I candle. I can't believe I only have a little over a week left. It still feels like FOREVER!!!!

So today is day 21 and still no internal pip
barnie.gif

But I did catch the egg wiggling again so at least I know the little baby is still alive. I just wish she'd hurry up already! I wanna see what he or she looks like
love.gif

So today is day 21 and still no internal pip :barnie
But I did catch the egg wiggling again so at least I know the little baby is still alive. I just wish she'd hurry up already! I wanna see what he or she looks like :love

I can't wait to catch my eggs a wiggling!!! tomorrow is lockdown!! So excited. :D

Back
Top Bottom