Late January Hatch?

This noisy little bugger woke us up this morning.. and another egg starting to be pipped. A day earlier than I expected given how long it took the incubator to come to temp... guess that didn't matter. 1 out, 26 more to go.
Awesome! I'm getting so excited to see our own hatch!

Just candled our 18 remaining eggs. All look good air cells are growing well I think, I am a little worried they are a little on the small side, but they have definitely grown quite a bit in the past 4 days. Added 3 baby food jars with sponges in them and placed them under the two vent holes so that I can fill them easily. Just did all this about 10 minutes ago and the humidity is already climbing at 60%. Now we just wait.....
caf.gif
which is exhausting lol. I don't know if it is a bad or good thing that the incubator is right on my desk where I sit and work all day. Not sure how much work I will be getting done with the show going on next to me
pop.gif
. Wish us luck on a happy healthy little hatch!
jumpy.gif

We had a second chick that was pipping when the first broke out make it out, so we're at 2 of 27 so far. It's been almost 8 hours since the second one broke out, and I don't see any more pips. Is that a normal time frame?

Just candled our 18 remaining eggs. All look good air cells are growing well I think, I am a little worried they are a little on the small side, but they have definitely grown quite a bit in the past 4 days. Added 3 baby food jars with sponges in them and placed them under the two vent holes so that I can fill them easily. Just did all this about 10 minutes ago and the humidity is already climbing at 60%. Now we just wait.....
caf.gif
which is exhausting lol. I don't know if it is a bad or good thing that the incubator is right on my desk where I sit and work all day. Not sure how much work I will be getting done with the show going on next to me
pop.gif
. Wish us luck on a happy healthy little hatch!
jumpy.gif
I know the feeling. wont be long now!
jumpy.gif

Everyone's chicks are so cute! And it is making waiting for mine that much harder!!! How loud are they when they chirp in the egg? I haven't heard anything out of mine and they aren't wiggly either.
fl.gif

Day 19 and I've got a pip! My last hatch didn't pip until day 22 in the same incubator... Going to have to name it Early Bird!

This egg came from a batch of shipped eggs that had badly damaged air cells, every one of them. Ordered 12, received 14 + 1 that exploded in shipping. Only seven left to lock down but I'm happy. It could have been worse.

Last edited:
I
Everyone's chicks are so cute! And it is making waiting for mine that much harder!!! How loud are they when they chirp in the egg? I haven't heard anything out of mine and they aren't wiggly either. :fl

I could definitely hear mine once they broke through the shell. It wasn't super loud but noticeable. Now that they've hatched, mine are pretty vocal, lol!

Back
Top Bottom