lathargic skinny chicken

She doesn't seem to be pooping much, but it does smell pretty bad, but that could just be normal, never had a chicken in my bedroom before...lol

I was also thinking, I don't know if this matters or not...She is has always been much smaller then the other chickens, they are all the same age maybe a day or two off, we got them at a week old. Compared to the other girls her comb is very small and she hasn't started laying yet. Also - when we first built our coop she decided that she would try to fly through the metal roofing...fell to the ground, she seemed fine we went and looked at her, she just went into the coop for the night and stayed there. She has always been a loner, she normally stays away from the other girls.

I don't know if any of that makes any difference in what could be wrong with her or not.

She drank quite a bit of the water when my fiance put it in the cage with her, now she is resting.

Her poop looks pretty normal to me. I think I would *also* worm her with Safeguard liquid or paste at 0.23ml per pound for five days. That amount will treat roundworms, cecal worms, gapeworms, capillary worms and possibly some species of tape worms. Was she vaccinated for Marek's?

-Kathy

Last edited:
As far as I know she wasn't. We haven't vaccinated anything. We got them at a week old from a local lady (no idea who she is so I can't contact her).

She seems to be doing a bit better today. She is standing, still not sturdy on her legs and keeping her head tucked in and her tail down. BUT she is standing so I think thats got to be progress????

Her eyes look droopy to me.

Here is her today:

I put her on my bathroom scale, It said about 2.5-3 lbs. Shes very light

Back
Top Bottom