lathargic skinny chicken

Is there something else besides just her chicken food we should be feeding her? She is eating Dumor Grower/finisher. Someone suggested to give her raw and cooked veggie greens. Should we wait until she is stronger to feed her anything besides her food?

Calories and protein are what she needs. You can try eggs, mealworms, crickets and grower mixed with water.

-Kathy

She is now very quietly making a little sound when she breaths out. Almost like when you have a cold and your nose is getting stuffy and it whistles when you breath out it...that sounds about like what she is doing..only when she is laying down though.

She is up eating and drinking right now, she is standing (YAY!!) and not holding her head in so much! Her tail is still down though, but she is moving around! :) Her comb is getting color back in it too! :)

D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif

Last edited:
Kathy - We brought a fecal sample to the vets this morning he said that she has trichomoniasis. He gave us medicine and we are starting treatment. Thank you for all your help!

Kathy - We brought a fecal sample to the vets this morning he said that she has trichomoniasis. He gave us medicine and we are starting treatment. Thank you for all your help!
Wow, that is not what I expected, but glad you were able to take her in! Did he give you metronidazole?

-Kathy

no he gave us Ronidazole 400mg packet. Said to treat her for 3 days with it in the water and too treat all the other birds as well, and to not eat any eggs for atleast a week.

I hope that this makes her better.

no he gave us Ronidazole 400mg packet. Said to treat her for 3 days with it in the water and too treat all the other birds as well, and to not eat any eggs for atleast a week.

I hope that this makes her better.
That's the same type of medication, so it should work. If it doesn't work, talk to him about giving metronidazole pills orally.

-Kathy

Okay, I will do that. Do you know how quickly we should see any sign of improvement?

Back
Top Bottom