Lavender Ameraucana bantams

Better late than never! Was beginning to think others didn't like them.

Glad to hear you are getting a couple of chicks. If they are anything like mine, you will love them!!
I'm another late-to-the-party lavender bantam AM owner. I was thinking I wanted to start out with BBS bantam AMs but decided late in the season when most of the chick orders had already gone out. I was extremely lucky to find a great breeder who had some lavs and silver chicks available so a little change in plans but all things for a reason, right?

I'm really excited to see the lavs grow out. Already I see a difference in their laid back, sweet temperaments compared to the flightier silvers.

Temple in CT

I know a lot of people that want them, but can't find them.

Right now, there is only one breeder that sells them and he is sold out for this year.

Did you get John's lav and silvers?

Hope they are sweet as mine are!

Luckily I was able to get 4 lavenders instead of just 2, but very sad to say one passed away yesterday. No idea why. It was only about 6 days old. No obvious cause. The others seem great. There are 2 calico cochins in with them. Can't wait to see them feather out.
Sorry you lost a chick.... some times there is no rhyme or reason why they die. Keeping my fingers crossed you will have no more problems with them.
Saw a photo of a Calico Cochins... pretty cool looking.

My 7 year old lavendar bantam, Miss Amerauca went missing yesterday, and I'm soooo sad.
sad.png
I picked her and 3 siblings up at a farm in PA and picked them right out of the incubator. She was by far everyone's favorite for her gentleness, and her sweetneess. On Saturday she flew to my shoulder. Does anyone know where I can find another?

Sorry for your loss.... always seems to be the favorites that die first.

Only place I know of where to get them now, is from John, but he is sold out for this year. You can get on a waiting list for 2016.

http://www.fowlstuff.com/Chicks.html

I might have hatching eggs for sale next year. No chicks though, not set up for it.

I did get mine from John. He was great to work with, especially since it was so late in the chick season. I was really surprised at the number of folks who advertise bantam AMs (of any color) on the ABC breeders list who didn't even bother to respond. It's kind of a bad first impression people in the breed to not to even send an "I got nuttin'" email to a newbie trying to start out. But John was very helpful and sent lovely birds that exceeded my expectations.

Since I have my pics out today, thought I would post. Got some eggs this summer and only had one Lavender hatch and it is a cockerel. He is a sweetie though and I hope to find a girl or two for him to hang out with. Even though he is lavender I call him BlueBoy. By the way, he is bantam.

Here he is at @ 3 months

And now he is @4 months and looking like a scruffy teenager

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm a newbie to the website. So glad to find this thread. I purchased several bantam chicks from a family in Central Ky 4 months ago. They told me they were black ameraucanas, silver ameraucanas and crele old english. I've been looking at the pics on this thread, especially the ones from Shawneegyrl a couple posts back and they are exactly like my 4 month old "silvers". I came home with (5) one day old chicks, 4 lived. It appears that I have two hens and two roos, still unsure about one of the "roos". From my research on the web, the color of silver ameraucanas vary whereas the lavenders are solid. Is that correct? I'll post pics of my four tomorrow. Such a beautiful breed!

Back
Top Bottom