Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Pics
My Original Lavender has been broody a few times since I have had her. None of the others have thought about it. I did have a black that thought about it till I moved her and gave her eggs, then she was done.

My worst broody is a Marans, that seems to stay broody
barnie.gif
She was NOT a good mama when I let her hatch babies.

It looks like I might have to sell off even more of my flock, and that probably includes ALL of the lavenders, splits and lav cuckoo projects. Having some really rough times, and when it comes down to it, the geese are my priority.

The adults all look like absolute crap right now, but if anybody wants to work something out....I have juveniles and chicks and the project culls....I will get a head count later.
sad.png

It looks like I might have to sell off even more of my flock, and that probably includes ALL of the lavenders, splits and lav cuckoo projects. Having some really rough times, and when it comes down to it, the geese are my priority.

The adults all look like absolute crap right now, but if anybody wants to work something out....I have juveniles and chicks and the project culls....I will get a head count later.
sad.png
I'm so sorry to hear that! Its gotta suck to put all that work into something and have to give it up
hit.gif

If I was closer to you, I'd come get some of them. I could use some splits, I don't have any blacks right now. Just know that when you get back on your feet, I will send you eggs any time you want them!
hugs.gif

Does anyone have pictures of their Smith Black hens?

I have two separte breeding pens for my lavs for spring 2013. Harry Shaffer lav hens under my Black Roo, and a Lav roo from Happy Mtn over my splits and Blacks. I have thought about getting some Smith blacks as my 3 huge black girls are getting a little age on them. I haven't hatched any from any of these birds yet and they have been laying a whole season but I want to carefully select for my breeding stock and wanted to see how they matured. My goal is to make improvements on size, comb quality, and color (eliminate some of the frettting in the lav feathers).

Happy Mtn: your pictures were beautiful!!!!

Changed my mind! I just can't part with them after all these years. I've cut back more than I wanted already.
I am glad to hear you are able to keep them
celebrate.gif
. I love what you have done with them and your dedication to them for those years is something not many would have done. I will be checking with you to get some eggs in the spring !

Back
Top Bottom