Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Depends on location and also amount of chicks bought... but the main top breeders charge approx $10 per chick, granted they usually have a 15-25 chick minimum but that's usually with shipping included...

Be careful of your sources and how 'lines' are touted... too many are just wanting to make a quick buck... jmo...

I agree, they are people selling chick's and don't even truly know what they got. I can't tell you how many times I went to buy chicks only to inform the "breeder" that what there isn't what they are advertising.

I don't mind that price if I can find a reputable breeder. Thank you for your help
1f60a.png

So sorry to hear that. You should move outside of city limits and start again! :) Best wishes!

That doesn't always work. Our township is now telling us that we can't have chickens because we don't have 5 acres. I live across the street from a 40 acre corn field. They are trying to tell me that it is the same rule as livestock.

Sorry, but chickens and horses aren't the same!!!

Sorry had to rant.

I was selling my chick's for 15$ up to 1 month. Then they went up 5$ a month after that. There is nobody selling them here is S.Florida. i hate the **** city though. After they made me sell my lavs i just stare at my coop remembering the beauties I had in there.

If you buy from a reputable breeder like John Blehm, Mr.Shafer or Paul Smith you can sell your chicks for 15 easily.As long as they are from the bloodline.John is on this site alot and easy to talk to. Talk to him and get some

So sorry to hear that. You should move outside of city limits and start again! :) Best wishes!

That's the plan. This is my first house. I worked hard for this house. To have someone tell me I can't have what I want in my backyard is ********. I kept everything so clean. I think It was the roosters. I had to many. Lavender Amerucana roosters are just so awesome looking I had to keep them. The neighbors could of talked to me though instead of calling the city. Well the neighbor, the other neighbors have chickens too lol We all got letters on the door. Its ok though. I had 4 eggs that I threw in the incubator just today
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f4c4.png
maybe I get a hen and I can keep it hush hush. I need a Lavender Amerucana in my life

Last edited:
I don't mind that price if I can find a reputable breeder. Thank you for your help
1f60a.png

John blehm ships his. But I think he is done for the year. His website is fowl stuff. I am not familiar enough with breed standards to know about that, but he is very thorough and the birds are gorgeous.

Depends on location and also amount of chicks bought... but the main top breeders charge approx $10 per chick, granted they usually have a 15-25 chick minimum but that's usually with shipping included...

Be careful of your sources and how 'lines' are touted... too many are just wanting to make a quick buck... jmo...

These are your grandkids and great grandkids. Lol.

John blehm ships his. But I think he is done for the year. His website is fowl stuff. I am not familiar enough with breed standards to know about that, but he is very thorough and the birds are gorgeous.
John has great stock. I have some of his lavenders, both bantam and LF. Definitely worth a visit to fowlstuff.com. He is not hatching or shipping until spring 2017. You should place your order ASAP to get chicks in the spring, he sells out fast (my order for next year is already in and paid for, I'm very excited to get those chicks). Getting really good stock of any kind is seldom an impulse purchase, even if you have very deep pockets. You need to plan ahead and play the long game. I am placing orders now for breeds I will not be able to sell offspring from until 2018, but I am pretty sure that in 2018 I will have breeds for sale that no one else in my area has. Making great stock available without the long waits and high minimum orders is my MO, and I have a *lot* of happy customers, which is a great feeling.

If anyone in SE PA is looking for Ameraucanas (Lavender or other colors), PM me and I will put you on the list for next spring.

Back
Top Bottom