Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

You have NO IDEA, how happy you've made this Chicken Junkie! I was so hoping they were one of each. It's like Chicken Christmas today. Thank YOU!

i bought "Lavender Ameraucana" hatching eggs. These are what I hatched. My friend says "they are not true bred", because they are rumpless. She said they've been crossed with Aracuana. However, googled images of "Lavender Ameraucana" do show a rumpless variety. HELP! PS I think they're both Cockerels, your guesses? Thanks!

They look like they are about 4 months old? If that is about right both are cockerels. Pullets wouldn't have any color in the combs till they were about ready to lay. They are not rumpless. Cockerels tend to get feathers slower.

Does anyone know where I can get Lavender Ameraucana chicks or hatching eggs in the South Jersey area?

I will have some chicks hatching this weekend and should be getting chick boxes in. So, if you are interested in shipped chicks, I will have some! I'm in VT, NPIP-16

Morning! I have my lav program starting but in the mean time I've hatched some Lav AM/barred rock eggs. These should come out sex linked correct? What is the accuracy on this? I'm planning to sell these and would like to garantee sex.

Does anyone have pictures of the resulting chicks and eggs? They should be olive eggers and I'm curious about outcomes.

What about AM/ Rhode Island reds?

Thanks guys!

Morning! I have my lav program starting but in the mean time I've hatched some Lav AM/barred rock eggs. These should come out sex linked correct? What is the accuracy on this? I'm planning to sell these and would like to garantee sex.

Does anyone have pictures of the resulting chicks and eggs? They should be olive eggers and I'm curious about outcomes.

What about AM/ Rhode Island reds?

Thanks guys!

If you are using a Lav AM rooster then yes on sex links . Males will have a white head spot . Pullets will be black . Barred rock crosses will be green eggers . More on the light olive end of color . Accuracy should be 100% . These are pure Ameraucana sex links . Males on the left .Mothers were barred/cuckoo split for lavender . Father black AM split for lavender . Rhode Island red and Am will not make a sex link . In theory yes if you use silver . Results may be hard to sex depending on which way you do the cross

I just hatched 2 Lavender Ameraucanas. Any tips on gender predictors? Also, they don't seem to have very distinct muffs and beards. Will they grow in or fluff out later? They are only a day old...

I just hatched 2 Lavender Ameraucanas. Any tips on gender predictors? Also, they don't seem to have very distinct muffs and beards. Will they grow in or fluff out later? They are only a day old...
When they hatch, they should have beards (see pic to left on my profile - that chick is about 1-2 weeks old). As far as gender, I have had no luck! Some people say by number of rows in comb +/- getting tail feathers in more quickly..

Back
Top Bottom