Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I'm beginning to think I have a cockerel out of the three.. The lady these came from even commented that she thinks this particular one looks to be. I put "him" next to one of the others Im pretty sure is a pullet. The thing that I noticed is the neck feathers being longer and less round than the other two. Tell me what you think. I planned to purchase a lav roo next weekend but won't if I have a cockerel.

Last edited:
In January the neighbors dog killed 5 of my 7 hens they were 2 Lav and 3 splits all that i had left was a TSC mutt and 1 split hen and my beautiful split roo. In May my split hen hatched out 8 babies 2 lav and 6 splits. That very same month the same neighbor different dog came threw and took out everything but 3 chicks that hid very well and took hours to catch. The dog catcher has not filled our chargers from January and tired of calling him. We are taking a loss. But the three that survived are in a fenced area now and 1 lav hen 1 split hen and a split roo. Very excited but can we hatch their offspring? these are siblings. Also would love to find another trio of splits or Lav close to Pa we are in Derry PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a single mom and would also do eggs if not to expensive.

In January the neighbors dog killed 5 of my 7 hens they were 2 Lav and 3 splits all that i had left was a TSC mutt and 1 split hen and my beautiful split roo. In May my split hen hatched out 8 babies 2 lav and 6 splits. That very same month the same neighbor different dog came threw and took out everything but 3 chicks that hid very well and took hours to catch. The dog catcher has not filled our chargers from January and tired of calling him. We are taking a loss. But the three that survived are in a fenced area now and 1 lav hen 1 split hen and a split roo. Very excited but can we hatch their offspring? these are siblings. Also would love to find another trio of splits or Lav close to Pa we are in Derry PA. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am a single mom and would also do eggs if not to expensive.

I'm in Patton, PA. Not sure how far you are from me but I have 2 extra roos that are possibly split for lavender. They are from a split x split pen from someone else but you're welcome to one or both.

Lavenders are an experimental breed, I happen to have them too. The hen is more important than the rooster in chicken breeding. The hen will pass on more genes than the male. Look for any color faults in the birds, any color other than the lavender, don't breed it. One of the most common faults in lavenders is a brown beard. Thats no good. If you also want and more good genetic diversity for your breeding program, there is a breeder who is VERY good at the ameruacana and he does lavenders. John Blehm. As for your own breeding, don't keep breeding kid to kid, child to parent. That results in a poor gene poole and you will have more problems. Look for the width in the bird. That is a good sign of a hearty robust bird. And also try to avoid black splotches in the lavender.

I'm in Patton, PA. Not sure how far you are from me but I have 2 extra roos that are possibly split for lavender. They are from a split x split pen from someone else but you're welcome to one or both.

I may take you up on this. You are only an hour away. We will have to get other pen up first as we don't want to gt rid of our current rooster as he is our originals son. Sentimental ya know. Let me get everything figured out. we have a Rabbit show in Mill Hall on the 6th we may have to stop on way home for one. Thank you so much.

I may take you up on this. You are only an hour away. We will have to get other pen up first as we don't want to gt rid of our current rooster as he is our originals son. Sentimental ya know. Let me get everything figured out. we have a Rabbit show in Mill Hall on the 6th we may have to stop on way home for one. Thank you so much.

Sure, no problem :) just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom