Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I understand, but let me try again... even figuring in shipping, an order of chicks directly from Paul Smith averages out at $10 per chick...

Wow, that's pretty good. I should of bought chicks from him lol It looks like my prices are to high. I will lower them. Thanks

I am selling my Paul Smith Lavenders for $30 a chick. I'm selling eggs for $10 a piece but my sales aren't doing so hot. It is kind of out of season now. Can anyone tell me if I am competitive in the market please

I have a family member that bought chicks from Paul, I think they were $10. I would have to ask again to confirm. But I think $30 a chick and $10 an egg is way on the high side.

Anyone ever buy chicks from Once in a Blue Moon Farmstead in Leoma TN? I think the breeders name is Lindsay Helton. Wondering about her quality.
Thank you

Quote:
I am selling my Paul Smith Lavenders for $30 a chick. I'm selling eggs for $10 a piece but my sales aren't doing so hot. It is kind of out of season now. Can anyone tell me if I am competitive in the market please
Once you mate your birds the eggs and chicks from them are your eggs and chicks. The offspring could be better or worse than the line(s) you bought, but you are deciding which bird is mated to which. You are not selling someone else's eggs or chicks, unless you are selling the actual bird(s) that you bought from them. Two of us breeders created LF lavenders independently of each other, but only we can sell our birds...which all LF lavenders can be traced back to. You can say your flock or breeders came from so and so, but be careful of the wording. I believe your prices are way out of site, but it is between you and the buyer as long as the product isn't misrepresented.

Anyone ever buy chicks from Once in a Blue Moon Farmstead in Leoma TN? I think the breeders name is Lindsay Helton. Wondering about her quality.
Thank you

Haven't bought from her, but have talked with her and seen many pics of her birds... doesn't strike me as dishonest at all... she had been on the main Am thread a while back... :)

In other words, I would buy from her, lol...

Last edited:
Quote:
Once you mate your birds the eggs and chicks from them are your eggs and chicks.  The offspring could be better or worse than the line(s) you bought, but you are deciding which bird is mated to which.  You are not selling someone else's eggs or chicks, unless you are selling the actual bird(s) that you bought from them.  Two of us breeders created LF lavenders independently of each other, but only we can sell our birds...which all LF lavenders can be traced back to.  You can say your flock or breeders came from so and so, but be careful of the wording.  I believe your prices are way out of site, but it is between you and the buyer as long as the product isn't misrepresented.    

Your right, I should of said Paul Smith Blood line. I'm going to lower prices.

Back
Top Bottom