Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

Thank you to all who responded to my post...Just could not realize breeders of Lav. Americaunas  would be booked so far ahead....All I can say is I sure hope the lady who is suppose to hatch mine , does and we do get some....Don't know what it is about the large Lavs, all I can say is I think they are just beautiful, and I really like them a lot.....So thank ya'll again for your replies.......Sincerely...Dexterlady

I have Lavs hatching tomorrow. Message me if interested

What good are the bantams other than pets? Since the eggs are very small?

I love bantams!! I can have 3-4 bantams for the space and food that a Large fowl takes. My bantam eggs are about 1/2 the size of the large fowl so I get 1 1/2 to 2 eggs in return. So if I have 4 banties instead of 1 large hen, I get 2 eggs instead of 1

During the World Wars I and II, Bantams were preferred because they were more cost efficient.

BarrettG, I wish I had know this earlier...I have already ordered 75 chicks, not all lavs. though...I'd really rather have the lavs.......Do you raise the large birds or the bantams?....

BarrettG, I wish I had know this earlier...I have already ordered 75 chicks, not all lavs. though...I'd really rather have the lavs.......Do you raise the large birds or the bantams?....

I raise the large birds. Their egg size is a medium-large in my book. I am smaLL time so I wouldn't be able to fill your order of 75 but I sell mostly Lavenders and they get allot of lovin. I live in S.Florida.

Do you have any pictures of your birds?...Has any of your eggs hatch out yet?....Would love to pics. of the chicks also....On the 75 birds I am getting, I am not keeping all of them, other friends are getting some also....I do not have room for that many....Let me know how your hatch goes....Thanks....Dexterlady....BTW: my email addy is [email protected] if you want to email me some pictures ....I want to keep your addy in case you sell some of these chicks...Where did you get your start in Lavenders?

Do you have any pictures of your birds?...Has any of your eggs hatch out yet?....Would love to pics. of the chicks also....On the 75 birds I am getting, I am not keeping all of them, other friends are getting some also....I do not have room for that many....Let me know how your hatch goes....Thanks....Dexterlady....BTW: my email addy is [email protected] if you want to email me some pictures ....I want to keep your addy in case you sell some of these chicks...Where did you get your start in Lavenders?

I got my start Lavenders from Paul Smith himself. My email is [email protected]
I have a nice routine going so I either have chicks just born or 1 month old chicks. My lavenders always go before they are 2 months. I sell allot on Craigslist. Here are my main Lavenders

Thank you so much for sending the pics...Greatly appreciated....Pretty birds and cute little chicks.....I had 9 roosters and they were a darker lavender....I sure wish I would have kept one....And they were really large....I sure love these lavenders!...Hoping I can stay in touch with you....Thanks a lot....

Thank you so much for sending the pics...Greatly appreciated....Pretty birds and cute little chicks.....I had 9 roosters and they were a darker lavender....I sure wish I would have kept one....And they were really large....I sure love these lavenders!...Hoping I can stay in touch with you....Thanks a lot....

Thank you for the kind words. I forgot to mention they were 3 months in this pick. They are about 7-8 months now and bigger obviously. I'm here whenever you need me :)

I may send you pics. of our new chicks when we get them if you would like to see them.....Some will be crosses between Blue Ameracaunas and Andalusions.....I really can't remember what they will look like.....Then I have 25 Lavs. coming, if the lady gets a good hatch....Then I ordered some surplus supply from John Blehm, so that should be interesting....Only thing is , I don't like the bantams and I may end up with some, not sure....But this should be an interesting venture when they get here!...Won't be here until the end of April, thank goodness...Gives me more time to get my pen set up.....OK, it is bedtime.....Talk soon....Dexterlady

Back
Top Bottom