Lavender Ameraucana Breeders .... UNITE

I may send you pics. of our new chicks when we get them if you would like to see them.....Some will be crosses between Blue Ameracaunas  and Andalusions.....I really can't remember what they will look like.....Then I have 25 Lavs. coming, if the lady gets a good hatch....Then I ordered some surplus supply from John Blehm, so that should be interesting....Only thing is , I don't like the bantams and I may end up with some, not sure....But this should be an interesting venture when they get here!...Won't be here until the end of April, thank goodness...Gives me more time to get my pen set up.....OK, it is bedtime.....Talk soon....Dexterlady

I would say your in good hands with John's birds. Please send me pics!

I need to make a correction.....John Blehm IS still raising lavender Americaunas.....He just inform me I was incorrect in think he wasn't....But he IS still raising them......Dexterlady

This is suppose to be a lavender Ameraucana chick. It's 30 days old and has already developed a very distinct comb and has darkening waddles. I doubt I ever see an egg from this little one
1f609.png

Horsemom1326, that looks too dark for a lavender chick....Mine were all much lighter than this even as they grew...An this one looks like a roo...

This is suppose to be a lavender Ameraucana chick. It's 30 days old and has already developed a very distinct comb and has darkening waddles. I doubt I ever see an egg from this little one
1f609.png

Definitely looks like a boy... and doesn't quite look Lav... can you post other pics? Full shots? Looks like he might be beardless too??? :confused:

Yes, I start with an old aquarium for several days. I have several sizes. I like using them because they are easy to clean and sterilize for the new chicks.

I lucked onto a 2 story rabbit habitat on the side of the road. They will move into the bigger digs in a few days

Aquariums are awesome for chicks. I use a 10 gallon one to put chicks in when I clean out the brooder and when I take them to swaps. They block the wind and people can still see them.

Hey guys, thank you so much for taking the time to look at my picture. I bought 5 straight run chicks locally, and they were sold as lavenders, but you never know. Two of them, which I am hoping are pullets, are considerably lighter. I am afraid the other 3 are Roos. I will be happy to post pictures of them when I get to the farm. I also bought 2 lavender pullets which I was told should be getting near laying age. I will post pictures of them, too.
Definitely looks like a boy... and doesn't quite look Lav... can you post other pics? Full shots? Looks like he might be beardless too??? :confused:

Back
Top Bottom