Lavender Australorps - Phase 1

call ducks

silver appleyard addict
13 Years
Mar 4, 2009
waterville , canada
My first Lavender chick. Will be breeding him (hopefully) over the blues that he hatced with (they may carry the gene) and black hens next spring. (i have more eggs in the incubator. 1 out of every 4 eggs hatched will turn out to be lavender)

here are some pics of the chick
24247_chick_pics_pelorpsdoms_017.jpg

24247_chick_pics_pelorpsdoms_018.jpg

24247_chick_pics_pelorpsdoms_019.jpg

this will also be part of my blues at some point to. Right now i have 2 blue australorps,12 black australorps, and 1 lavender right now. With 1 more dozen in blue eggs in the incubator. There is some one on BYC in the US, that is devloping. If you know who that is (i can not rember the username) Pealse send me a PM

I will start incubating my splits in a week or two. My Lav Boy has only been in with the girls for about 2-3 weeks now. So, I want to give him another week to make sure they are splits.

Wonderful, it will be exciting to see how he develops!! Keep us posted.

I hope you post some pics of more or your australops..I know you started a thread but it kind of got lost ..I really wanted to see more of your birds...LOVE seeing the australorps and its so nice to have a fellow australorp owner to talk to....I have a new cockeral that is going to be a really good bird..he really suprised me. I knew he was going to be decent , good parents under a surrogate broody,(I was getting tired of running the bator) but he came out much better than I could have hoped, had a pullet no where near as good... I went to post some pics but lost the australorps thread . We call him drama because he is a bit of a screamer if I have to pick him up for any reason. I will be showing him late fall in one county fair and one APA show along with his mother. Dundee, the pop has an injury so he cant go this year....
I only have 2 this year good enough for the show ring..but we will see how the new hatched pullets come out for next year.they will be a little too young for this years shows.. we Gave a few cockerals to some 4hers. and culled out a few pullets for a freind who loves a nice egg layer.

this is the little boy and his molting surrogate mom about month ago maybe a little more, makes me so nervous letting them out but its good for them.. her feathers have grown back in now..
35675_john_cabin_pics_295.jpg

this is the actual mom
35675_john_cabin_pics_277.jpg

Last edited:
If you cross Lav over blue, you will NOT get Lavenders. It would be some sort of a diluted or muted blue or some funky color.

If you want to stick with Lavs and only produce black and Lavs, that would be the way to go.

Now that is something I would consider in my flock some Lav Australorps LOL! By a long shot!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom