Lavender Australorps - Phase 1

the Lav. carrying the blues would be a last ditch effort
wink.png
, i curttly have 12 black 'lorps, only one of witch i can cleryly identify as a male. to cross over to this (hopefully a male).

I am super excited to start incubating some eggs. I am hoping to have the first generation chicks in the next month and a half. Then I'll have to wait for 6 months to breed those hens back to him and get some Lav's.

It is going to take awhile to get their type right, but it'll be worth it.

Quote:
yes, but i only0 eggs 20 blue egg recived 2o eggs from the breeder , and i have the other dozen hatching this , so it depends if any more lavs hatch hatch

Some pretty nice birds...

Someday I want to work on some lavs but for right now Im still concentrating on breeding and showing the black lorps. Hopefully I will have enough very good birds then I will invest in some breeding stock..I have 2 black orps to help improve type from a very good breeder, only 2 good enough to show this year a couple good for breeding shed but its going to be a while till Im up to dabeling in colors...Its a real art I admire you guys for getting results like this , should be some real nice birds , you'll have to keep us posted on how they develop

Here are a few more pics of mine. Let my hen out almost had a great pic of her but you know how chickens are lightning fast as soon as I hit the camera button. shes moved. She has the classic U shape that the judges like and nice comb . could be a little smaller in the tail , she won last year as a pullet . It makes me so nervous letting them out because I lost 2 good hens to a fox. I play the radio outside now.

35675_john_cabin_pics_335.jpg

35675_john_cabin_pics_283.jpg

another pic of her next to the rooster
35675_john_cabin_pics_331.jpg

her baby , should be a very good cockeral, I will show him late september
35675_john_cabin_pics_319.jpg

Some black orps and australorps mixed .
35675_john_cabin_pics_337.jpg

This is a pullet hatched this year, she wont be shown but depending on how she develops pos breeding shed next year.
35675_john_cabin_pics_292.jpg

I apologise, I know this is an older post! Just wondering if there are any updates and where I could view the pics from this post, they have all disappeared!
sad.png

Cheers
Michelle

Back
Top Bottom