Lavender Marans

I have a picture of the first 4 lavender Marans chicks that hatched Christmas eve and Christmas day...what a great present Santa brought ......My hard work is finally showing some more results.....

my incubator has 3 trays of their eggs and I collect them daily to add more!.....~Charm1704

I am really interested in this breed of chicken. Does anyone know where I can get Dag old lavender chicks from? I found some at unionhillranch.com. Does anyone know of anywhere else?

WOW I didn't know there was a thread for these already! First WHAT ARE WE CALLING THEM? Mine are from Copper Marans. Not sure how many generations back to a Orp but I think it was 3 generations back. I didn't make the cross... I got them from someone that didn't make the first crosses either. I have 13 Splits pullets and have been hatching like crazy and have LOTS of Lavenders on the ground. About 4-5 months old. I have only kept the lavenders and have about 15 or so. I want to cross some to my Coppers and then some back to the best Splits. I have had eggs running out my ears they are laying like CRAZY. Egg color needs help that is why I want to cross back again to the coppers.

Another question.... when breeding back to coppers would you use a roo with more Mahogany or less?????

Subscribing.
smile.png

Subscribing.
smile.png

I hope it gets some more activity.... kinda dead thread right now. I need to get some pics of mine. I just moved them to a bigger growout pen yesterday. More to move next week so maybe I will get pics then. They are really pretty. I would like to see more of the copper coming through on mine.

I have 4 beautiful lavender Marans pullets that I saved from my previous cross that are 6 months old and I plan to put them with a Black Marans Rooster, I bought hatching eggs to get him from Helen byers, her Marans are show quality and lay very dark chocolate eggs....Bluewaterranch....on Ebay...anyway more splits but it will improve the chickens in type and the egg color....then I will breed those siblings together to get more Lavender from them...this project takes time.....but I want the lavender color,good feathering on the shanks, correct eye color and body type that lay dark eggs, they will be my 4th cross on this project.....it will take time to be a pure Marans again with the Lavender color , I will keep breeding back to Black Marans, they are very different colored than the Black Copper Marans........I'll post pictures soon.....~Charm
wee.gif

I have 4 beautiful lavender Marans pullets that I saved from my previous cross that are 6 months old and I plan to put them with a Black Marans Rooster, I bought hatching eggs to get him from Helen byers, her Marans are show quality and lay very dark chocolate eggs....Bluewaterranch....on Ebay...anyway more splits but it will improve the chickens in type and the egg color....then I will breed those siblings together to get more Lavender from them...this project takes time.....but I want the lavender color,good feathering on the shanks, correct eye color and body type that lay dark eggs, they will be my 4th cross on this project.....it will take time to be a pure Marans again with the Lavender color , I will keep breeding back to Black Marans, they are very different colored than the Black Copper Marans........I'll post pictures soon.....~Charm
wee.gif

Are yours Lavender Copper Marans or Lavender Marans? I started with splits so I have some lavenders. I am also crossing a nice Black Copper in with the splits. I will get some splits and reg Coppers. I will use the best of those with the Lavender coppers so I can get the type, color and feathered leg in there. I want to cross some of the Lavender Coppers with my Copper Marans too. I have a copper marans girl that just started laying and her eggs is nice and dark so I might single mate her with a Lavender copper. Mines egg color needs lots of help.

By B C if you mean Black Copper....Yes, The hens I used are from my Wade Jeane C1 pen....They are my darkest egg layers and have very little to no coloring on their hackles, only one chick has developed color on her hackles and I have re-homed her. I used Sir Winston on the C1 hens and hatched about 40 + chicks.

SIR WINSTON.......
You can see 2 of the C1 hens behind him in the other pen.....This has been a fun project...let me know how yours is coming along...~Charm1704
Yes, I started the project with Black Copper hens and a Lav Orp. Roo....I now have a Black Marans Roo to put with the Lav hens....My egg color is very good, but I want them Dark Chocolate, and all of the Orp blood bred out......they are not Marans till then. ~Charm

Back
Top Bottom