Lavender Orpington project ....

White tips is quite normal on juvenile plumage of black and solid lavender birds. That does not indicate the mottling gene. The mottled chicks from this project do not hatch out black or lavender, but a creamy/yellow color. They also do not have dark legs, but white legs, which is a way to identify them in your adults. Since the mottling doesn't really come in until the 2nd year, it is hard to tell otherwise unless you hatched them yourself.

Quote:
So I should expect a "special" delivery from you next week??
lau.gif
I would love to see pictures of your buff mott when you get some.
love.gif

I just posted some pics of my blacks on the regular orp thread, they are looking really good for only five months old. Some pics of your E-T Lavs would be great to see too when they get of good picture age. I can't wait till I am at the place you are with all my projects!
big_smile.png

I think Hinkjc is working on loading some pic's up to photo bucket right now, i hear her giggling at her laptop
gig.gif
, don't know what she was after out there..could have been lav orps, buff mottled orps, jubilee's..cant be the black mottles cause there just carriers right now and plain old black and not to spectacular right now, lav araucana chicks are inside so i know it ain't those..but could be anything or nothing..not sure yet.

I know i love these project birds to.. they are so much fun.. but getting past the ugly duck stage is nail bitting..
he.gif

love your pic's on the other post, that one low rider black hen is way cool..
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
HenT, I was checking out your pics before..they are beautiful birds.
love.gif

The babies are all out, final number is three. Candled the other two eggs and they were no good but I am very happy as it is three adorable lavenders!
big_smile.png
They are all doing well and looking great. We moved them with mama to a brooder hutch this evening to make sure they stay safe. This little group already has a special place with me.
love.gif

First time out of the nest.
49849_dsc03754.jpg

Not the clearest picture but just too cute!!
49849_dsc03760.jpg

Wilds: Love the buff mottles.
smile.png

Aww, those chicks are adorable and mama looks so proud.
jumpy.gif
Congrats!

Here are a few random pictures I took of our Lavenders et al.

A pair of Lav Orp x Blk Cochin LF projects (How come the Lav is coming through on the cockerel?):
6809_split_lav_cochins_2.jpg

6809_lav_orp_body.jpg

6809_lav_orp_comb.jpg

6809_lav_flap.jpg

To be crossed with above cockerel:
6809_blk_orp_2.jpg

Not sure why that happens, but i can say we seen some one who had lav's with black leaking on them was weird. it must be how the gen coinside with each other, it may molt out on the next round in your black..? keep us updated on this if you can because we dont see this very often..

by the way ,those should be a great project..
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom