Lavender Wyandotte

SandyRiverChick

Free Ranging
14 Years
Jun 7, 2009
Brightwood, OR
My Coop
My Coop
It's a color not breed, but I'd love to see pictures at any age of other Lavender Wyandotte's. This is my first, Lilikoi, now 4 weeks. I'm so curious as to what the big differences between Lavender Orpington and Lavender Wyandotte will be. Easier to guess sex at an earlier age or just as tough as Orps? Feather quality, splash look or solid color, etc. etc. Any pics and/or experience greatly appreciated! TIA. 💜💜💜

IMG_1281.JPG

It's a color not breed, but I'd love to see pictures at any age of other Lavender Wyandotte's. This is my first, Lilikoi, now 4 weeks. I'm so curious as to what the big differences between Lavender Orpington and Lavender Wyandotte will be. Easier to guess sex at an earlier age or just as tough as Orps? Feather quality, splash look or solid color, etc. etc. Any pics and/or experience greatly appreciated! TIA. 💜💜💜

View attachment 3770930
What a cute little booger! I don't know anything about wyandottes, but I do have a lavender english orp that took almost 10 months to lay, wasn't positive on gender until 9 weeks old, and she has pretty nice feathers. @Poultrybonkers knows about wyandottes

What a cute little booger! I don't know anything about wyandottes, but I do have a lavender english orp that took almost 10 months to lay, wasn't positive on gender until 9 weeks old, and she has pretty nice feathers. @Poultrybonkers knows about wyandottes
Thanks! That's why I'm so curious if this will be any easier than with Orps! There is a thread somewhere, where a Lavender Wyandotte had even the most expert guessers, guessing until something like 6 months. Nice that you could tell at 9weeks!! My HOPE is that this is a girl, she's from Privett. I'm going to try to find that thread now, lol!

Last edited:

View attachment 3770930
Oh goodness she is a cute one!

Back
Top Bottom