Lavender Orpington project ....

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I love the last chick!
love.gif

I do to, he's got such a personality. He's already showing some rooster behavior.​

Beth, they're all doing great. They'll come eat out of my hand already and they're peeping little poop machines.
lau.gif

Here's hoping for more girls than boys.

Quote:
I do to, he's got such a personality. He's already showing some rooster behavior.

Isn't it funny how some chicks will be born with large combs and wattles and then turn into a roo!
lol.png

ETA: of course im hoping for a black or two to use for my lav orp breeding project
big_smile.png
hopefully i finally got a black.

any guesses if these are blue or black? they of course hatched from blue orp eggs, but im having trouble telling what color they will be, last time i thought i had a black at hatch it turned out to be a dark blue.

im sure the one far left is blue and the one far right is splash.

35.jpg

here is a photo of them at like 2 days old if it helps any

23-1.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a picture I took today of my young lavender pullet, she is not quite to laying age yet. She is such a prissy little thing too!
big_smile.png
The sun was on her so I couldn't capture her color very well but she is still a pretty girl.

49849_dsc03962.jpg

HenThymes, she is very pretty!

Here are some pics of my lavender orpington babies..

101010083.jpg

101010080.jpg

101010079.jpg

101010074.jpg

101010070.jpg

101010069.jpg

101010068.jpg

101010067.jpg

Quote:
Thanks that makes sense and I hadn't thought about it.

I am officially going to belong here. At least if all goes well with my hatching eggs. I bought Lavendar project eggs yesterday from oberhaslikid (Pamela) in Ohio. She said they are from Tony's lines over in CT. Actually Tony is much closer to me since I am in NY over on Long Island.

My Hatching Eggs just got here and I unpacked them. Put them in an egg carton on my counter to rest. Great packing job and no broken eggs. I had bought 6 in the auction and was sent 8 so I am very happy. I will let them rest for 24 hours and put them in the incubator tomorrow. Meanwhile I will try candeling and looking into the eggs later tonight when it gets dark. This is because I am new to hatching and trying to educate myself as to what to see during different stages of development.

I was surprised at the color of the eggs. Of course I have never even seen an Orps eggs before but thought they were more of a brown color than these are. These are a very light, light kaki or sand color. Almost cream. At any rate, I am happy and hope my eggs will hatch.

I candeled my eggs tonight as it is day eight and all eight are developing. Hurray. Now just to wait and candel again next week.

Back
Top Bottom