Lavender Orpington project ....

L.L Farm :

I have the 30 B/B/S/Lav/White eggs from Tony ready to go into the incubator tonight, and I have a shipment of 10+ NPIP pure lav orp eggs coming in on the 21st thats gonna be thrown in as well as a few peafowl eggs. The 10 lav eggs are coming from www.redroofhens.com

goodluck hatching if your ever looking for some good looking bbs close to you check out reenie's peeps in new hampshire has some huge orps an a prob pretty close good luck again we love hatching it is like xmas every week here.lol what color peas are you doing we love having peas very fun we have ib sp an white you will love them an dont forget keep them on wire till 3 months old.​

Last edited:
I am 100% new to peafowl so any help would be appreciated. I just looked up how to incubate them, i didn't want to look into building something for them just in case none of them hatch. I'm getting 4 Indian Blues and 1 White egg.

And I agree, we just love hatching
lol.png

Will do. Were not 100% sure we are going to keep them yet , it was my neighbor thats gonna give me some eggs. I just really want the experience to hatch them out. I would like to free-roam them but were about 100 feet away from a road thats pretty busy, all of out property is in the back. Close to the home we have 10 acres, then an additional 90 that our neighbors let us use whenever. So I would be kind of nervous free roaming them since were so close to a road, and we don't really have a place where we could put up a pen. Right now i'm working on building good pens for Orps. We'll see when the time comes.

L.L Farm :

Will do. Were not 100% sure we are going to keep them yet , it was my neighbor thats gonna give me some eggs. I just really want the experience to hatch them out. I would like to free-roam them but were about 100 feet away from a road thats pretty busy, all of out property is in the back. Close to the home we have 10 acres, then an additional 90 that our neighbors let us use whenever. So I would be kind of nervous free roaming them since were so close to a road, and we don't really have a place where we could put up a pen. Right now i'm working on building good pens for Orps. We'll see when the time comes.

Happy Hatching to you!!!!!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
I just hatched one of those all yellow with lav on the back and top of head. It's a mottled?
These are eggs I bought. Very cute, but very yellow and I expected lav
smile.png

Quote:
I just hatched one of those all yellow with lav on the back and top of head. It's a mottled?
These are eggs I bought. Very cute, but very yellow and I expected lav
smile.png

I would say mottled.
smile.png

Look at the legs - if they're light, it's definitely mottled.

Quote:
IMHO Jody has the best. Well worth the wait. She has stopped selling for this year, so just get on the list for next year
smile.png

I waited a year to get them...(part of that year was my fault... I wanted summer chicks) and just hatched 14 out of 16 eggs.
Thanks Jody!

Mediazeal, looks like you have a black mottled, a black and a lavender in your pic. Very cute!

Laurie, thanks so much and congrats on doing such a great job hatching!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom