Lavender Orpington Thread

Shes the little one in the back on the right hand side.

And this is my roo
They all get treats..and veggie/fruit scraps daily..they also free roam during the day from 11-5. They are just shy of 3 months old.

Last edited:
Well, ours have the same....so we're in the same boat. But I'm new to this, so it's ok. ;-)

Did you get hatching eggs? I ordered mine on ebay..They are greenfire/hinkjc lines (so i was told) but most pics i see of 3 month olds all of them have the dark gray legs from a very young age...
Im new to the Lavender Orpigton aswell. So i dont know much about the genetics and coloring.

Last edited:
We got ours as week-old chicks from a small local hatchery...I have no idea what the lines are and/or what the breed is supposed to look like--although I am sure they could tell me if I asked. They were super nice! The breeder said their birds are VERY friendly and great layers, which are the main qualities we were looking for. That said, I did have contact with another orpie breeder further away that has Lavender, Black, Blue and Splash Orpies from English lines....I *might* do that down the road if I can convince my hubby it's worth the $$. hee hee

Back
Top Bottom