Ella and Ava cuddling next to me

Lyla

Millie

Quincy

Ava

Millie

QUINCY WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!

And George

Those are all the pictures I was able to get today and maybe for the rest of the month... And, yes you did see Quincy doing you know what with Lizzie.... But just look... almost 6 months ago these guys were little puff balls full of poop, and now they are grown up young adults.
ya.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Omg what a flock!!! Quincy sure looks like a ladies man!! I cant wait for mine to get that big!!! I need acouple more hens and maybe another roo aswell. Their is a guy close by to me that raises hinkJC lines..thats how i found out about them..went to pick up some silver laced wyandottes and saw the Lavs and i fell in love!! I was so amazed at how big they were!

Thanks! Millie is a Black Australorp. And I had to show the chickens that if you push or peck the nipples water will come out! But I just put their beak up to it and get water to come out! And also take the water bucket or whatever you are currently using and hide it, so the chickens dont use it anymore...

Thanks! "I think" these guys have hinkJC bloodlines too... But im not sure.... Lavender Orpingtons are my favorite! They are SOOO pretty! I just LOVE their color! And I was amazed to see how big they are too!!!!

This question can get a little tricky because I live in the United States and Im not the best with the whole genetics thing. But I will not quit at anything and I looked up the WHOLE Lavender Orpington genetics and how to get them and was shocked when I FINALLY got the answer (which took me almost a hour)!!!!! So if you are trying to figure out how the Lavender Orpington was created I think I have the answer. OKAY, so first you have to get a Lavender Ameraucana and a Black Orpington. You breed those two together and take the offspring which are F-1's and look for the ones with single combs and you breed those together . Within a few generations you should be able to see more Orpington type IF you know what the standard is that you are breeding too. It will take YEARS before completely breed out the characteristics of the Ameraucanas.
And on the second question you asked, I think you should look online and see if there are any local farms or stores that sell Black Orpington's and Lavender Orpington's. But your best hope is looking on Ebay and see if there are any adds that will ship fertile or hatching eggs to Canada. There should be SOME adds that do! Hoped I helped
wink.png

Sorry if there is any typo errors..
hu.gif
Thank you for this! I have found conflicting information in so many areas. One source suggested I breed a lavender Ameraucana with a Black Astraulorp to get the F-1's and go from there the way you suggested. I've heard that the Astraulorp is a combination of the Australian something or other and a black orpington, which developed a new breed.
This makes sense to me. Thank you for your research!!
K

I know! I am so tired of walking back to the house and back! And today I have to refill the water and food. UGH!!!
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom