Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
All I can find at the moment is Lavender Orpington Roos if I but him with my buff girls would I possibley get a lavender
No, because then you would probably get a mixed colored Orpington. It would most likely turn out to be of a Buff and Lavender colored chick. Or it could be something more like a completely buff colored chick with some features of the Lavender. Lavender breeds true, when I say that I mean if you breed a Lavender and Lavender you will get a Lavender chick, if you mix something else you will not get a Lavender colored chick. In fact it is impossible! Or at least that is what I have been told. Does that make any sense?

All I can find at the moment is Lavender Orpington Roos if I but him with my buff girls would I possibley get a lavender
But if you want some Lavender Orpington chicks in the future I can ship some hatching eggs to you
smile.png

That wont happen until spring because my hens have not started laying...

Last edited:
But if you want some Lavender Orpington chicks in the future I can ship some hatching eggs to you :)

That wont happen until spring because my hens have not started laying... 

I sent you a private message
An have not started laying ??? What's their yearly egg production my buffs are laying an I have some in incubator but lol I only have a ee roo so I got some pretty narley chicks
out of that I just wanna see how they lay mine have been laying all year just slowed down when it got cold

I sent you a private message
An have not started laying ??? What's their yearly egg production my buffs are laying an I have some in incubator but lol I only have a ee roo so I got some pretty narley chicks out of that I just wanna see how they lay mine have been laying all year just slowed down when it got cold
Usually they start laying when they are 6 or 7 month old. But since mine are already 7 months old we will have to wait until spring... I think they should all start laying in April or May...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom