Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
I put eggs in carton the paper ones I can fit 7 cartons an leaves me room for a hatching area
That's my white polish she five days old now
AWWW! I think I might end up hatching eggs that way. What method do you use? There are so many to chose! As soon as I get eggs I want to try putting them in the incubator! But I really dont have a clue on what to do!

Thank you!
thumbsup.gif

AWWW! I think I might end up hatching eggs that way. What method do you use? There are so many to chose! As soon as I get eggs I want to try putting them in the incubator! But I really dont have a clue on what to do!

Cheaper than an incubator I just found a three door one that I am prop going to buy!! mine is tooo small lol I am addicted to hatching

I a
I have a Little Giant Still Air Incubator. Do you know if these types of incubators are any good?

I am sure it is I just have a lot of chickens an the little giant wont work for me I never tried it but this is my first year hatching its really a no brainer you can do with heat lights an a box you just need to keep temp an humidity

I a
I am sure it is I just have a lot of chickens an the little giant wont work for me I never tried it but this is my first year hatching its really a no brainer you can do with heat lights an a box you just need to keep temp an humidity

Successfully hatching chickens that are healthy depends completely on maintaining a controlled environment for the entire period of incubation.

The main factors to be controlled are:

• Temperature

• Humidity

• Ventilation (oxygen)

• Turning
I try to keep my temp between 97 and 99 cause I read some where lol that you get more hens that way so far in my polish looks like I got one roo out of 10 and don't ever count you chickens befor they hatch

Successfully hatching chickens that are healthy depends completely on maintaining a controlled environment for the entire period of incubation.

The main factors to be controlled are:

• Temperature

• Humidity

• Ventilation (oxygen)

• Turning
I try to keep my temp between 97 and 99 cause I read some where lol that you get more hens that way so far in my polish looks like I got one roo out of 10 and don't ever count you chickens befor they hatch
Thanks for the advice! I will now try keeping the temperature at 97 or 99!

We are cursed! I went out to let the chickens out to free range... and I saw that Georgette had a chunk of skin gone! She was bleeding pretty badly. And I have a good feeling that Lexi is the one who did this to her! No other chickens were harmed at all! And I also realized that Lexi is always trying to yank feathers out of the newbies! I dont know what I should do next!!
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom