Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
I'm looking for some more Lavender and maybe a Black Orpingtons, anyone know of anymore here in fla:)? I currently have 5 and 1 Blue chicks:)

I have some chicks about 3 1/2 wks old. I purchased the eggs fom ebay
5 lemon cuckoo s
3 English blacks
5 buffs
&1 eng lav
There all beautiful. I'm not sure how old they have to be to sexed
I live in longwood , Seminole county. FL

flgardengirl--

Funny pics!!!
Out of curiousity, how loud are your Lav Orp roosters compared to others?
We have one, but he's only 17 weeks and not crowing yet. I've been trying to sell him as a pair with his hen, but no takers.
If he gets too loud and I can't find him a home he's going to freezer camp, which I would hate to do since they're such beautiful birds!!!

Our lav cockeral :)

I've really wanted Lavender Orps for awhile and may be getting chicks soon. But, it just occurred to me that they might not lay as well as BOs. Do they? Also, are they the same for meat and broodiness? Thanks in advance.

When did your roosters start crowing?
And I know hens that are of laying age in winter will wait until Spring, don't suppose that works for crowing, too???
I have one rooster I've been trying to sell as a pair with a pullet, but no takers and they are 5 months old. No crowing yet (he's the only rooster) but I'm sure it's a matter of time.
If he can't get a home by then he's going to freezer camp! Hate to do that to such a pretty bird.

Edit: Just looked at a calendar, they are 18 weeks so a little over 4 months not a little over 5 months. I was thinking they were more around the 22 week age.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom