Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
What can you breed with a jubilee roo , I have chocolate ,lavender orps which one would be the best to breed the jubilee with and what would it make

Hi ya'll, I'm fairly new to BYC and here is my roo Frodo and his ladies. This is their temporary pen until the taj ma chicken is finished. He was a free to good home or else the freezer. I got him not knowing anything about LO and since researching I am discovering how much I am in love with them. He has two buff Orp girls and the one EE had to be put in a seperate pen with another EE friend b/c the buffs were so mean to her and wouldnt let her eat. Any who....I'm in Lower Alabama have been bitten by the BYC bug.

Laura

When did your lav orps start laying/crowing?
I figure with the daylight I won't get eggs until Spring, but fortunately my roo hasn't started crowing yet.
He looks full grown, though they are 25 weeks old.
I'm hoping he is somehow a silent roo so I can keep him haha.
Once I had a freedom ranger (meat bird) rooster that never started crowing. The others did really early and were processed before all the rest. Maybe he was pretending to be a girl to stay alive ;)

to be honest I have no idea how old he is. all I was told was that he was born this past spring. He is super sweet and will let me hold him and pet him.

He has been crowing since we got him, albeit at first it was scratchy and weird sounding. Now he actually sounds like a rooster.
roll.png

I wanted to share my first lavender orpington chicks
smile.png
I've been wanting lav orps for awhile now. They hatched just before thanksgiving.

And here they are now at 3 weeks. All 3 are starting to have a roo-ish look to them. Very upright stature and thick legs. Time will tell! Their combs really started growing as well. I know it's way too early to be sure. I just hope they're not all boys. Sheesh
th.gif
fl.gif

They are complete goofballs.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom