Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
Has any one ordered LO from Meyer hatchery? I just ordered 3 from them to come with a batch of chicks in the summer. I have seen some chicks from meyer turn out to be great quality. And some not so much. But how are they doing with the lavenders?

I got mine from Meyers hatchery. I live about an hour away so I drove out there and picked 4 chicks. My lavender from them is a super sweet girl!

If ever you decide you want to try to hatch again, we have had good successes in shipping eggs and have reported hatches. We ship a bit different than many people. This is how we ship eggs..... (The customer decides what they want marked on the package). We put fragile, but will add more based on what the buyer wants! We also have a 72 hour heat pack that we ordered especially to go with our eggs.) https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/the-garry-farm-how-our-eggs-are-wrapped-packed-and-shipped But maybe you will find someone near you with Lavender Orpingtons!

And please Do not cross your Lavender Orpington with a blue Orpington as you will not be getting that pure lavender color you want. (Just saying that in case someone local might suggest that as a way to get Lavender Split) With a black yes, but not a blue.... Have a blessed day! Praying you find yourself a rooster or chicks or eggs!!! Nancy

i got my first flock from you... out of 10 eggs 8 hatched, 6 hens and two roos.. a perfect flock

Last edited:
Would you be able to post some pictures? I would love to see her!!

Here is a photo from the day we brought her home!

Thought I would share a few pics of my flock. We only have 1 rooster in our breeding pen and 2 hens at this time. I am growing out a pullet from a different flock to ad to our program(she is stunning so far), we also keep an extra rooster hanging out just in case.

Has anyone read or posted info on having to breed a black orpington back into the lavender gene pool to darken the lavender color?

Back
Top Bottom