Lavender Orpington Thread

Pics
2 hatched 2 more pippped and three unsure no pip that I can see
Love them, cant wait till 23 day so I can hold them and love them.
THey knew my voice, anytime in the night I coughed they started to chirp.
In my half awake stuper I Cry Out,, Babies...baby chicks....peep peep peep.
more pics to upload

Apologies if I've missed it, but does anyone know what coloring I would get if I were to cross one of my blue/splash orpingtons with a lavender orpington?

-J

A single copy of lavender behaves like black. That is to say a splash over lavender = 100% blue. They will carry 1 gene of recessive lavender. Blue over lavender = 50/50 blue and black carrying 1 copy of recessive lavender. It is not a good idea to mix blue and lavender. It can be hard to tell what color they are in future generations. They can even be both which gets real confusing.

A single copy of lavender behaves like black. That is to say a splash over lavender = 100% blue. They will carry 1 gene of recessive lavender. Blue over lavender = 50/50 blue and black carrying 1 copy of recessive lavender. It is not a good idea to mix blue and lavender. It can be hard to tell what color they are in future generations. They can even be both which gets real confusing.
Thank you jerryse! I have a lovely lavender roo and a splash roo, just trying to decide which one to keep for my girls (one blue, one splash, one lav), but I think I'll keep the lav roo.

-J

Back
Top Bottom