Lavender Orpington Thread

Hi everyone! I have 2 lavender orpington roosters that I need to rehome. I also have a buff orpington roo that needs a new home. Pet homes & local only. I'm in southeast PA. Please let me know if you're interested.

I purchased some Lavender Orpington hatching eggs from ebay (I know you never know what you are going to get from ebay), but 5 out of 10 hatched and all look to be roosters, but my question is one of them has a pea comb, is that normal, or is there a mix in the bunch. He is lavender and looks just like the others but has a pea comb. Thanks

I purchased some Lavender Orpington hatching eggs from ebay (I know you never know what you are going to get from ebay), but 5 out of 10 hatched and all look to be roosters, but my question is one of them has a pea comb, is that normal, or is there a mix in the bunch. He is lavender and looks just like the others but has a pea comb. Thank

I purchased some "lavender orpington" eggs off of Ebay as well. Only one hatched out and poor baby. He looks like some type of copper maran. He is beautiful but I don't know what I am going to do with him. He is dark with all types of colors....except lavender :)

I purchased some Lavender Orpington hatching eggs from ebay (I know you never know what you are going to get from ebay), but 5 out of 10 hatched and all look to be roosters, but my question is one of them has a pea comb, is that normal, or is there a mix in the bunch.  He is lavender and looks just like the others but has a pea comb.  Thanks

I'm not an expert but I don't think orpingtons come in pea combs

I'm not an expert but I don't think orpingtons come in pea combs
I didn't think orpingtons had pea combs, and I should know buying eggs off ebay, you really only have what the seller is telling you to go by, so you can never be certain. The other babies all look nice, just the one with the pea comb (and he is nice looking as far as color etc, just a pea comb, would not use him for breeding)

I bought lav orp hatching eggs on ebay and ended up with 2 black mutts, one is either a bantam or very badly breed mix bread.
The garry farms on back yard chickens is an excellent place to buy them. My hatch rate was over 90%

I purchased some Lavender Orpington hatching eggs from ebay (I know you never know what you are going to get from ebay), but 5 out of 10 hatched and all look to be roosters, but my question is one of them has a pea comb, is that normal, or is there a mix in the bunch.  He is lavender and looks just like the others but has a pea comb.  Thanks

My reply is posted above!

We stuck a couple of our gals first eggs in, we had a little room. We've had pretty goid luck with our puller eggs, our rooster
1f414.png
has been active for a month now...(crossing Fingers)

Back
Top Bottom