Lazy Peachick

I have two 60 ml syringes, one has a very small end on it intended for needles, the other is much larger and is meant for flushing large quantities of liquid. The larger catheters fit it quite well and the fluid comes out of it much easier.

Another note is I killed a turkey using the plastic tubing even though I melted and rounded the end to make it smooth, I tore the esophagus and the feed went into the cavity and it died. Get a soft rubber catheter as soon as you can find one.

ETA
Hospitals throw them out or give them to veterinary after the expiration date.
You got me scared, i will try to make it smoother more, i do have like one like those from hospitals, but its small and will not pass the feed.

Kathy, this poo from the outside birds, please say it's normal
fl.gif

There is absolutely nothing more that you can do for this bird that you are not doing. Just try and keep it hydrated with a little food. Unfortunately, sometimes the damage to the cecum and the liver is done and cannot be reversed.

I hate to say it but usually if they do not respond by day four of medical treatment, the odds just are not that good. On the other hand the bird is standing and I have saved birds that looked much worse.

You got me scared, i will try to make it smoother more, i do have like one like those from hospitals, but its small and will not pass the feed.

I have two sizes. The 24 French/30mm works very well for most birds, mine is the closed-end type. I also have one that is about half the size, the numbers have worn off but is also closed on the end, both insert very easily but better when wetted first. I got mine from the vet who got them from the hospital when they discard outdated materials.

Back
Top Bottom