Learning about quail!

Hello from Virginia! Me and my partner became coturnix quail owners by accident (one showed up in my yard!), but we quickly fell in love with them. I am very new to raising them, and have learned so much from the community already. Right now I have a Pharaoh and Celadon, but will be possibly getting some jumbo browns (not sure if we can keep them together??).

My quail are currently in a reinforced chicken coop with a large run, no chickens so they have lots of room!
If they’re young, they may integrate fairly easy. Pharaoh is basically the jumbo brown. I have a few myself along with Italian, white, and tuxedo. Will you be hatching your new guys or receiving live birds?

If they’re young, they may integrate fairly easy. Pharaoh is basically the jumbo brown. I have a few myself along with Italian, white, and tuxedo. Will you be hatching your new guys or receiving live birds?
I am getting them as adults, I think they send them as soon as they are sexable- so I assume still fairly young! I am glad to hear that it should be okay :)

If you see some aggression, try putting little hides or things they can run behind if they need space. Also, if you see any feather loss on back of head that has started bleeding, immediately put blue paste on such as hen healer. If the place sends as soon as sexable then they’re probably 4-6 weeks. They can start laying as early as 6 weeks.
I am getting them as adults, I think they send them as soon as they are sexable- so I assume still fairly young! I am glad to hear that it should be okay :)

Back
Top Bottom