leave Turner in or out

robctry69

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014
st augustine, fl
I have searched and couldnt find a good answer I have coturnix eggs in the incubator when its time would you just stop the turner or remove it and lay the eggs on the screenbottom for the final days any thoughts appreciated

Last edited:
On day 15 I would remove the turner and go into "lockdown." Put eggs on incubator floor. Raise humidity to 60%. Do not open until babies are hatched.

Dont wait until day 15 to lock down coturnix or button quail do it on day 14. You can have birds hatching by that point depending on incubation factors and that extra day of turning can cause the chicks to shift position, and not be able to hatch correctly. Def get that turner out like the other were saying. Quail chicks will kill themselves any way they can, its a murphy's law type thing.

Glad you asked this question. I just hatched my first 15 out of 25 eggs turning by hand. I forgot a couple days to turn at night so i bought an automatic turner. I had a few hatch around day 16.

I raise pheasants and I have much better hatches when eggs are left in the turner.Very few if any chicks will get caught by the turner.
In N.H.,Tony.

I raise pheasants and I have much better hatches when eggs are left in the turner.Very few if any chicks will get caught by the turner.
In N.H.,Tony.

do you have it running when there hatching with the movement of it I believe they would be in danger of getting hung up

Back
Top Bottom